Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know what the advertised RRP of a 30kw Tekna was in 2017?

I need to compare with current price.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
P11D price - £31,825

P11D value is not an official term but it is used colloquially to mean the value of a company car in the eyes of HMRC. The P11D value is the list price of a car including VAT and any delivery charges but it does not include the first registration fee or road tax.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Hitstirrer. I don't suppose you know what a new 40kw Tekna would cost now? I hate that prices seem to be kept a closely guarded secret. If I was buying a TV or washing machine, the price in the shop / website would be clearly labelled. Car showrooms seem to revel in an air of mystery when it comes to prices.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Would anyone know what the advertised RRP of a 30kw Tekna was in 2017?

I need to compare with current price.

Thanks in advance.
The PICG has reduced by a couple of grand between those dates.
I know that wasn't your question but maybe something to factor in depending on your reason for comparing.

Reactions: Jan Morris

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
But the discounts meant it was significantly lower. They actually sold for about 20k.
Accepted and another point to consider but as the Op asked about RRP I'm not sure.
I still have my purchase invoices for all my Leafs so could give a clear picture of actual purchase cost.

Reactions: Jan Morris

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
917 Posts
Hmmmmm

So some of those PCP buyers were quids in - 32k car for 20k, then pop balloon price guarantee or higher than the car was worth?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Hmmmmm

So some of those PCP buyers were quids in - 32k car for 20k, then pop balloon price guarantee or higher than the car was worth?
It was a no lose gamble.
They were not shifting the cars so they put an artificially high GFV on them. They were offering finance deposit allowances and big discounts.
So you put no or very little money in. Then had a lower monthly payment. And at the end when they were not worth the GFV you either walked away or RCI were letting people pay true market value to keep them. And at zero finance with servicing thrown in.
Bit by bit the incentives were reduced as the popularity increased. And here we are now with little incentive because demand is strong.
The market has always supported what they could demand.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,697 Posts
It was a no lose gamble.
They were not shifting the cars so they put an artificially high GFV on them. They were offering finance deposit allowances and big discounts.
So you put no or very little money in. Then had a lower monthly payment. And at the end when they were not worth the GFV you either walked away or RCI were letting people pay true market value to keep them. And at zero finance with servicing thrown in.
Bit by bit the incentives were reduced as the popularity increased. And here we are now with little incentive because demand is strong.
The market has always supported what they could demand.
The GFV on mine was actually pretty spot on when it came to the end of my 3 year agreement. I bought the car as a result, because nothing on the market has come close to being reasonably priced yet in my opinion, and the car's value has roughly tracked with the value of the loan I used to buy it ever since.

This was a brand new Leaf 30kWh Acenta, with front parking sensors, protection pack, style pack and 6.6kW charger. List price was £30,585 in that spec, invoice price £22,848, then once the PICG and RCI deposit contribution came over it was £17,348. GFV was around £11,000 and at the time that's roughly exactly what they were trading for on the used market.

Tekna would have been a £2,200 premium on top of all that if I remember rightly, but I didn't want the leather nor the annoying stereo box in the back.

I consider myself very lucky to have bought in at probably the best possible time to do so - before the ridiculous deals that left people stuck with cars they couldn't keep because of GFVs and stuck because new EVs are all now so ludicrously expensive!

Reactions: ElectricIan

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The GFV on mine was actually pretty spot on when it came to the end of my 3 year agreement. I bought the car as a result, because nothing on the market has come close to being reasonably priced yet in my opinion, and the car's value has roughly tracked with the value of the loan I used to buy it ever since.

This was a brand new Leaf 30kWh Acenta, with front parking sensors, protection pack, style pack and 6.6kW charger. List price was £30,585 in that spec, invoice price £22,848, then once the PICG and RCI deposit contribution came over it was £17,348. GFV was around £11,000 and at the time that's roughly exactly what they were trading for on the used market.

Tekna would have been a £2,200 premium on top of all that if I remember rightly, but I didn't want the leather nor the annoying stereo box in the back.

I consider myself very lucky to have bought in at probably the best possible time to do so - before the ridiculous deals that left people stuck with cars they couldn't keep because of GFVs and stuck because new EVs are all now so ludicrously expensive!
It does sound like you hit the sweet spot. Although I wouldn't say people were stuck with cars they couldn't keep. They (as did I) had the benefit of lower monthly payments for the duration of the PCP. They (as did I) knew from the outset what the GFV was. At the end of term the cars value being less than the GFV was just one of those things. I maintain it was a gamble heavily in our favour.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,697 Posts
It does sound like you hit the sweet spot. Although I wouldn't say people were stuck with cars they couldn't keep. They (as did I) had the benefit of lower monthly payments for the duration of the PCP. They (as did I) knew from the outset what the GFV was. At the end of term the cars value being less than the GFV was just one of those things. I maintain it was a gamble heavily in our favour.
Yeah, you're certainly right and I don't have much sympathy if someone expected the car to be worth that clearly hugely inflated GFV, but that didn't stop a lot of people here getting upset by it. I was certainly very surprised to see my car was actually worth the (significantly lower) GFV than was attached to those crazy £200pm deals!

Much as many of us are sensible to understand exactly what we're signing up to with PCPs, many others just see a monthly payment and don't bother to properly understand what they're signing when then buy the car, then get upset when after 2/3 years they can't keep it. It's a fact of life, but unfortunately in today's society it's those people who get heard and the rest of us pay the price!

Reactions: ElectricIan

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah, you're certainly right and I don't have much sympathy if someone expected the car to be worth that clearly hugely inflated GFV, but that didn't stop a lot of people here getting upset by it. I was certainly very surprised to see my car was actually worth the (significantly lower) GFV than was attached to those crazy £200pm deals!

Much as many of us are sensible to understand exactly what we're signing up to with PCPs, many others just see a monthly payment and don't bother to properly understand what they're signing when then buy the car, then get upset when after 2/3 years they can't keep it. It's a fact of life, but unfortunately in today's society it's those people who get heard and the rest of us pay the price!
100% with you there.
I am going to dig out my paperwork and see exactly where I was on mine with actual price paid and GFVs etc.
What a nerd I am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts