Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts or suggestions please for 'rubber', ie non-velour, mats for front passenger and driver in a ZE50?

I live in the country and it's quite impossible to keep mud and wet off the mats in winter. At present I have loose (non-fitted) rubber mats in my ZE40, but they do tend to slide forward in use. I am changing soon to a ZE50 and was wondering if anyone made fitted rubber mats that would stay put. Is the foot-well shape unchanged ZE40 to ZE50?

Thanks.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Any thoughts or suggestions please for 'rubber', ie non-velour, mats for front passenger and driver in a ZE50?

I live in the country and it's quite impossible to keep mud and wet off the mats in winter. At present I have loose (non-fitted) rubber mats in my ZE40, but they do tend to slide forward in use. I am changing soon to a ZE50 and was wondering if anyone made fitted rubber mats that would stay put. Is the foot-well shape unchanged ZE40 to ZE50?

Thanks.

You might be lucky and find a vendor of the original "Luxury" rubber mats as used in the 22kWh Zoe. They are hard wearing, easy to clean. Downside is they are beige so might not look so good in the newer mainly dark interior Zoes.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
LZ Parts in Germany do them but looks like these are for LH drive, maybe there's a RH variant available?

Zoe-Passform-001.jpg

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
567 Posts
Just search the web for "rubber floor mats renault zoe" and you'll find lots of companies offering them. I've not tried any of them. Do let us know if you buy some and what the quality and fit is like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a difference the order of your search words can make! I'd tried a number of other searches and not come up with anything very much, but CDy's suggestions brought up many options. Thanks!

Noting that on eBay the common terminology for mats used is the rather vague "Zoe 2013+", before plunging ahead with a purchase I asked the good Badger in Black if the ZE50 mats were the same as the ZE40. True gent that he is, within half an hour he'd compared the two and advised that the driver's mat is a slightly different shape (needs a corner cut off). Note it would seem to have two snap fasteners rather than the one the ZE40 has.

He also advised that Renault do a "sort of rubbery mat" set for £91. Once I'd got back off the floor, I thanked him profusely, but declined his invitation. I've advised the eBay seller I was considering using of the need for a different cut, and a second fastener, and we'll see what response I get.....

Here's the photo Badger provided of the ZE50 driver mat:-

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,865 Posts
LZ Parts in Germany do them but looks like these are for LH drive, maybe there's a RH variant available?

View attachment 132649
Turn them over :unsure:

Edit: Just took a closer look at the picture. Is it an optical illusion, or are they not flat?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,688 Posts
Turn them over :unsure:

Edit: Just took a closer look at the picture. Is it an optical illusion, or are they not flat?
They seem to be "dished", like they could hold an inch of water?

EDIT - Store page calls them "snow mats", so I guess they could hold an inch of water!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For anyone still interested in this, it transpires that the snow mats on the LZ site (#3 above) are in fact Renault parts, and the Article number is the Renault number. However enquiries with Renault UK confirm that these mats are NOT available in RHD. Clearly we need some more Zoe drivers in Northern England and Scotland to create a market!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts