Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Richard Symons also hypothesising that the reduction in supply for SR Model 3 could be down to imminent Model Y deliveries

speculation and more speculation :)

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
Not a rumour.

Available in September in Europe.

Very tempted.
That’s left hand drive though isn’t it? Pretty sure RHD isn’t until next year?

My friend who has just committed to a BMW iX3 is going to be mightily cheesed off if you’re right.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
That’s left hand drive though isn’t it? Pretty sure RHD isn’t until next year?

My friend who has just committed to a BMW iX3 is going to be mightily cheesed off if you’re right.
Yes. Europe.

We drive on the correct side.

UK RHD versions aren't confirmed, but assume later in 2022.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Reactions: WonkoTheSaneUK

·
Registered
703 Posts
I thought Tesla were making Model Y in RHD for HK? Thus it makes sense to make more for the UK or other markets if they are doing a production run.
Yes you're right! -

Considering South Korea happened previous quarter, then Europe. This could mean UK in the next quarter

Reactions: WonkoTheSaneUK

·
Registered
703 Posts
Available in September in Europe but not the UK.

UK gets screwed again...

Think The Who did a song about that.......

'screwed' how so? We're a much smaller market with a different configuration

·
Registered
516 Posts
Given the UK is no longer in the EU I would pretty much expect that RHD cars could be made in China and imported to UK at very low import tariff ... as long as they are 'finished' in the UK, e.g. by gluing on a UK flag.

It actually wouldn't make sense to make RHD in Berlin.

Plus didn't UK join (or apply to join) CPTPP which would include several RHD regions and countries like Japan.

·
Registered
456 Posts
New Model Y ‘Standard range’ in China coming soon. Says over 300 miles range so are they doing a ‘LR single motor’? otherwise I’d have expected below 250 miles if it was a 50kwh battery with the slightly less aero efficient Y shape

·
Registered
762 Posts
Given the UK is no longer in the EU I would pretty much expect that RHD cars could be made in China and imported to UK at very low import tariff ... as long as they are 'finished' in the UK, e.g. by gluing on a UK flag.

It actually wouldn't make sense to make RHD in Berlin.

Plus didn't UK join (or apply to join) CPTPP which would include several RHD regions and countries like Japan.
Hope that's not true, the 4680 cells, structural battery pack, ungraded paint shop (maybe new colours), German-made, possible slightly different European spec, are just a few of the reasons I want a Model Y, take all that away and I'm not so keen.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
Hope that's not true, the 4680 cells, structural battery pack, ungraded paint shop (maybe new colours), German-made, possible slightly different European spec, are just a few of the reasons I want a Model Y, take all that away and I'm not so keen.
I think it will still be pretty competitive with the alternatives that are out there for a while to come. If I was in the market for a hatchback EV right now I’d very happy with a MIC Y.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts