Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new job recently with a company car scheme. In the weeks before I started I read all the reviews I could and decided I'd place an order for a Passat GTE on my first day. Turns out I narrowly missed that boat after it went the same way as the Golf GTE.

Since then I've test driven the Countryman and the Optima Sportswagon and have been trying to make my mind up... until tonight when the Kia dealership called to say they won't be taking any orders on new Optima PHEVs so would I be interested in a used model.

Is this due to all the would be VW owners, or do they need to be re-tested?

What are the odds that Mini will stop taking orders next week?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
All cars are being re-homologated to the WLTP test so many cars, not just PHEV have been affected by factory ordering being re-jigged. I believe the Optima will have a refresh shortly so there could be a few months delay, probably similar to the VW.

·
Super Moderator
6,078 Posts
Why a PHEV? Why carry around two engines instead of one?
Most companies don't offer BEV as an option. I know if I have to charge on route and I have someone in the van I simply take the diesel, I can't afford to pay someone £25 an hour to sit at a charger.......:(

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
Most companies don't offer BEV as an option. I know if I have to charge on route and I have someone in the van I simply take the diesel, I can't afford to pay someone £25 an hour to sit at a charger.......:(
Agreed. The other issue is there is no AFR for a BEV so reclaiming mileage does not fit within existing HR proceses and systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts