Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi, we have a Nissan Leaf on the way (via lease) and it's our first EV. Our lifestyle, employment and location seem well-suited to having an EV but I guess it'll be a bit of a learning curve! I suppose it's something of a calculated experiment :)

If this one goes well, we'll look into changing our other car for an EV.

It should (unless I'm overlooking anything) cost no less to lease per month than the current cost of running my ICE, as I do about 16k miles annually.

For what it's worth I test drove a Leaf, an MG and a Zoe before deciding.

Anyway, glad I found this forum.

Registered
hi, we have a Nissan Leaf on the way (via lease) and it's our first EV. Our lifestyle, employment and location seem well-suited to having an EV but I guess it'll be a bit of a learning curve! I suppose it's something of a calculated experiment :)

If this one goes well, we'll look into changing our other car for an EV.

It should (unless I'm overlooking anything) cost no less to lease per month than the current cost of running my ICE, as I do about 16k miles annually.

For what it's worth I test drove a Leaf, an MG and a Zoe before deciding.

Anyway, glad I found this forum.
Hi and enjoy the Leaf馃榿
Where do you bide?

Registered
Just googled some pictures of Strathhaven and it looks like a very nice place. Depending on your usage I would get a ChargePlace Scotland RFID card so that you can take advantage of Thier rapid chargers on longer trips. There is a good charging hub in Hamilton.
How are you liking the Leaf.Is it the 40kWh variety.

Registered
Welcome, before lockdown I drove over 17k miles a year around rural SW Scotland. After 3 years we ditched the diesels and bought another EV (a 64kWh Kia e-Niro). Probably a bit like you our nearest supermarket run is a 20 mile round trip and we've never run out once.

The cost savings have been immense due to no road tax and cheap fuel. If you can slap a few kWhs of solar on your roof and install a Zappi charger then that fuel cost drops even further. We've a Zappi and two 15kW wind turbines and the Niro is charging from 100% wind energy even as I type this.

In my opinion you should get the Chargeplace Scotland RFID card, as Freddym suggested, and use apps on your phone for everything else.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just googled some pictures of Strathhaven and it looks like a very nice place. Depending on your usage I would get a ChargePlace Scotland RFID card so that you can take advantage of Thier rapid chargers on longer trips. There is a good charging hub in Hamilton.
How are you liking the Leaf.Is it the 40kWh variety.
Hi, not got the leaf yet. It's a 40kwh N-Connecta via lease. Should be with us in 10 days or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts