Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was an exciting day - I got my MG ZS EV!!

While driving around and experimenting with CarPlay, I noticed that when Siri was giving me instructions, she’d sort of “stutter” when she started talking.

It’s perhaps less a stutter than some old FM distortion.

I also noticed that there was some “corruption” on the screen :

Notice the lines at the top, or the pixelation in the grey box?

I suspect it’s a CarPlay issue rather than the screen, but not sure where to start. Could it as simple as a bum cable?

Anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
276 Posts
If using an I-Phone I would suggest buy a new cable from your local Apple Store.

I've not had an issue with the MG, but the I-Pace is very picky about the cable I use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
please come back and tell us if a new cable cures it
Tried a different cable and the stuttering persists. The distortion hasn’t come back though so that’s good.

It’s weird though, music is playing fine (from Apple Music), so it seems it’s just Siri

·
Registered
195 Posts
Today was an exciting day - I got my MG ZS EV!!

While driving around and experimenting with CarPlay, I noticed that when Siri was giving me instructions, she’d sort of “stutter” when she started talking.

It’s perhaps less a stutter than some old FM distortion.

I also noticed that there was some “corruption” on the screen :

Notice the lines at the top, or the pixelation in the grey box?

I suspect it’s a CarPlay issue rather than the screen, but not sure where to start. Could it as simple as a bum cable?

Anyone experienced this before?
Maybe she's been drinking.lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
A good quality USB cable is essential. I got hold of a SyncWire shielded cable and everything much more stable. The last few weeks I have had a couple of lines across the screen easily fixed my pressing the button to go back to the main infotainment screen then select apple CarPlay again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A good quality USB cable is essential. I got hold of a SyncWire shielded cable and everything much more stable. The last few weeks I have had a couple of lines across the screen easily fixed my pressing the button to go back to the main infotainment screen then select apple CarPlay again.
Thanks for the tip! I’ve ordered a 20cm SyncWire cable which should hopefully solve both my stutter and cable clutter issues

It arrives tomorrow - I’ll let you know if that does the trick!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts