Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
Just got mine. I have asked for the infotainment & Satnav updates to be done at the same time, which look pretty good to me.
That could result in meltdown (figuratively not literally). The attempt to update my Satnav back in July resulted in a £4 grand warranty claim when they totally lost the maps and satnav when the system froze. Given how vital the BMS update is, I would have that done on its own.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
555 Posts
That could result in meltdown (figuratively not literally). The attempt to update my Satnav back in July resulted in a £4 grand warranty claim when they totally lost the maps and satnav when the system froze. Given how vital the BMS update is, I would have that done on its own.
I had my satnav updated the same time as my previous BMS update. No problems on that occasion. That said...

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
I had my satnav updated the same time as my previous BMS update. No problems on that occasion. That said...
Probably your dealer is more competent than mine. But there can be an issue with trying to do too many updates consecutively in one session.

A bit like when, years ago I downloaded a film to watch whilst on Eurotunnel, it was a very slow connection and it took over 24 hours to download!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Booked in for Friday. I spoke to a very nice young lady and asked if they could do all the updates, includng the one which is at the bottom of the screen and needs to be scrolled up to find it (giving as much info as I could). She told me that they had 2 technicians trained to work on EV's and that it would all be done. Have you ever had that feeling that when someone says "yes, of course", they're thinking "how hard can it be?". I'll let you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.