Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

Found out from the big orange Shoppe that the following are their stores with charging

Bath, Beckton, Bishop Auckland, Camden, Chiswick, Colne, Dulwich, Durham, Dursley, Ely, Greenwich, Halifax, Heaton, Islington, Cromwell Road, North Cheam, Mansfield, Sydenham, & West Houghton

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Heaton charger has not even been switched on in the last year to my knowledge. I've brought this to their attention via twitter but not sure what they have done about it

Staff don't even know it's there. I've got friends about 100 m away so is on perfect place for me but it's never been on

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hello folks

Found out from the big orange Shoppe that the following are their stores with charging

Bath, Beckton, Bishop Auckland, Camden, Chiswick, Colne, Dulwich, Durham, Dursley, Ely, Greenwich, Halifax, Heaton, Islington, Cromwell Road, North Cheam, Mansfield, Sydenham, & West Houghton

Hope this helps someone.
An intriguing selection of locations there !
Will try the Ely one next time I am up there :)
Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Durham ones work as far as I know. I've seen people on them, and they never seem to be ICEd. You can get a card from the info desk, but it hardly seems worth it for an hour of 13amp when it's only half a mile up the road.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes - it's not so helpful for local yokels for the store to have charge at the moment.

It is, however useful that a visitor knows (and in advance) which is why publishing this info on the web is important.

In the scheme of things though 19 installations of which 2 are known to be worthless is not a good showing though is it?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An intriguing selection of locations there !
Indeed - does not show a huge amount of coordination. Dursley for example is six people and a sheep while Gloucester just down the road is a brand new store with reserved spaces for bikes (occupied by motorcycles), motorcycles (occupied by recycling bins), disabled bays (amazing how many white vans are driven by the disabled) and parents' bays (Beamers & Mercs)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes the one in Gloucester is a new store but it's still 4/5 years old so before EV charging became "popular" for businesses to have.

I can only imaging existing stores have them installed at the managers discretion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't understand why the Heaton store would go to the expense of installing the points and building the bays only to allow them to go unused

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hello folks

Hope this helps someone.
Pretty sure there are 4 EV charging posts at the Thurmaston Leicester Sainsbury store (although I haven't seen them myself) so could it be that this isn't a complete list ?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 2020, Volkswagen ID.3
404 Posts
Penzance is a pretty new store (where the heliport used to be) and has Pod-Point charging posts - £12.50 for a card I believe.
If the weather is nice, then you could walk into Penzance from there while you charge. Probably nicer than wandering around in St. Austell while waiting for your charge to finish at Asda.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Penzance is a pretty new store (where the heliport used to be) and has Pod-Point charging posts - £12.50 for a card I believe.
If the weather is nice, then you could walk into Penzance from there while you charge. Probably nicer than wandering around in St. Austell while waiting for your charge to finish at Asda.

That is fab! If poss can you check if they appear on Openchargemap and if not, upload the details

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty sure there are 4 EV charging posts at the Thurmaston Leicester Sainsbury store (although I haven't seen them myself) so could it be that this isn't a complete list ?

Is this something that you can check out?

That's the Sainsbury just south of town - about 1 or 2 roundabouts from the motorway isn't it? A convenient store then

·
Registered
346 Posts
Is this something that you can check out?

That's the Sainsbury just south of town - about 1 or 2 roundabouts from the motorway isn't it? A convenient store then
It's towards the North East of Leicester (LE4 7SJ) and is about 7 miles from the nearest M1 junction.

Map : http://goo.gl/dSSZDr

It's not a million miles away from me so I'll try check it out some time this week.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts