Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have emailed Sainsbury's about the issues with the PodPoint at the Mansfield store (not charging at the advertised rate and constantly being ICE'd and this is the reply I received:

Our Communications team have advised that we've already upgraded the Mansfield store to 7kw for the charging points, however it's the electric cables underground where the power is lower. We were unaware of this until we did the upgrade. But please be assured that we're getting costs back from the low power and are looking to upgrade the cables underground to ensure the power is higher and that all charging points will be working efficiently and quicker.

In regards to the signage and displays, we're looking to put signs up, but this will be the same as the parent and disabled parking.

Looks like there solving both problems head on!
Wish other supermarkets were like Sainsbury's and Lidl with there enthusiasm for EVs!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why do you think its not charging at advertised rate?
It is 3kW post advertised as such on the post itself, in PodPoint app, on Zap-Map, on PlugShare.

I've used it several times with no issues. I am not there very often but never come across ICEing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts