Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This isn't really a specific eNiro question but I need some help with my new car.
Firstly, loving the car. Driving is a pleasure, and I normally don't like driving.
I've not had a car with satnav before so this might just be a usual thing but I just can't get the hang of finding addresses. I saw a video online where the person just searched (like Google) and found places. It seems that the UK version makes searching really hard. Do I enter the postcode, the address, the name of the place?! I drove to Chessington the other day, couldn't find it anywhere.
I probably prefer Android auto but I like the chargepoint integration on the Kia. Any tips for the sat nav?
Oh, and the manual doesn't help at all!

Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Postcode or name or address. If address city first then street name. As you type it should recognise if in its database. I find built in satnav very inaccurate. Plus some are saying Kia charge for updates but they're always months out of date. Stick with AA and Google maps or Waze.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've found it surprisingly useful with the "voice" setting. Just navigate to, say roadname, city, and it works for me.

edit by short pressing the voice control on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,676 Posts
I've found it surprisingly useful with the "voice" setting. Just navigate to, say roadname, city, and it works for me.

edit by short pressing the voice control on the steering wheel.
Is that the "google" (through your phone) or Kia service? Does it work with postcode?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Kia service, no idea if it works with postcode, but definitely does road, hotel names etc. I tried "hotel I use, heathrow", and it found it, ditto street, town.

The one on siri works too, but I was surprised HOW useful the kia one was, it actually done a better job than siri for me at least.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,676 Posts
Is there a list of keywords/phrases that work?

·
Registered
228 Posts
No idea, I've only had the car a day to test it. But as said, it worked on my common 3 work destinations with no real training.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did try the voice on and you're right, it did work pretty well. I'm also interested in knowing if there's a list of key words. Again, nothing in the manuals.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you have the UVO app for your car it is easier to search the destination there and use the send to car option

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, just trying the app again. Say I'm entering a house address, what do I enter? Postcode doesn't work. House number and street doesn't work. What is the magic combination?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Steven mine is Bluelink which from screenshots I have seen of UVo appears to be a renamed version of the same app.
I have just tried an address search with street name and town, one including the house number and a postcode search, each one worked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts