Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the 2014 nav update discs (if available) could i borrow them please? PM me.

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since when? I have never seen a sat nav disc coded to a car. The disc will be reusable and to car won't copy onto it so it will work in many if not all of the volt's, Ampera's and so on.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Just checked and, as I said you need, to submit your VIN when placing the order:-
'The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required during the map activation process. This unique number can be found in your vehicle registration documents or at the base of the windscreen.'
Each disc is coded only to be accepted on the vehicle with the VIN supplied at point of order. I suppose there could be a way around but if you were to be able to use another disc what would be reported by the ECU next time you took the car in for a service/warranty/work?

·
Super Moderator
7,532 Posts
Just checked and, as I said you need, to submit your VIN when placing the order:-
'The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required during the map activation process. This unique number can be found in your vehicle registration documents or at the base of the windscreen.'
Each disc is coded only to be accepted on the vehicle with the VIN supplied at point of order. I suppose there could be a way around but if you were to be able to use another disc what would be reported by the ECU next time you took the car in for a service/warranty/work?
They actually stamp you your own disc...? Or do they deliver it on a CD-R....?

The vectra era satnav let you just swap the disc for a newer one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Where are you obtaining these updates from please?

My garage/Vauxhall have not informed me that any updates are available despite asking.

(and yes from a previous Vauxhall update you do need a magic number that is specifically tied to the car and it takes around 2 hours for the whole update IIRC)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
After a bit of trawling around the Vauxhall website I found this site £209 for the update. Company used to be called Navteq but now called Here and I am sure Nokia is/was involved somewhere along the line.

·
Registered
991 Posts
After a bit of trawling around the Vauxhall website I found this site £209 for the update. Company used to be called Navteq but now called Here and I am sure Nokia is/was involved somewhere along the line.
Nokia bought Navteq

·
OtleyBrock
Vauxhall Ampera 2014-20, waiting on e-Niro
21 Posts
Can anyone advise what the latest satnav version is. I took delivery of my Ampera last week, have software version 1221, map version 20.12.02 (?!). Is this the latest ? If not I will go back to my dealer and request an update.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can anyone advise what the latest satnav version is. I took delivery of my Ampera last week, have software version 1221, map version 20.12.02 (?!). Is this the latest ? If not I will go back to my dealer and request an update.
My Ampera was delivered September as has very old maps, in general i find the Navteq as good as useless, i use my Garmin in preference

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
My new Ampera collected today also has maps 20.12.02. So I can go back to the dealer with facts, can anyone confirm they have newer and what date is? Found under Config, Nav, Map data information...

Thanks

Paul

·
Hyundai Kona convert...
225 Posts
I know my car was a 2014 model (registered June14) - it's in the light metallic blue that only came with 2014 Model Year.
Software is also version 1221 and Sat Nav is 20.12.02.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts