Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

Anyone know how to find out if the sat nav version is up to date in your car ?
I have driven past some sites that some years ago had speed cameras that are now no longer in position ,
The sat nav warns me that a speed camera 200 meters ahead
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
SatNav on my 2017 30kWh Tekna is appalling, not worth switching on it's so out of date.

I use Leafspy in combination with A Better Route Planner.

There aren't any updates!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I looked on the support site and found nothing for 2017 Tekna, it's supposed to be in the 3yr support package.
I've contacted the seller, I'll report back!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I always use waze.com app
I will challenge anyone to find a better one :p
traffic is as up to date as you can wish (ok 30min(ish) off) and the search for places is outstanding.
All car makers outsource the navigation systems from third parties so updates will have to be paid.
Even the new 62kw LE have limited updates so I tend to leave the sat-nav off and use waze

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always use waze.com app
I will challenge anyone to find a better one :p
traffic is as up to date as you can wish (ok 30min(ish) off) and the search for places is outstanding.
All car makers outsource the navigation systems from third parties so updates will have to be paid.
Even the new 62kw LE have limited updates so I tend to leave the sat-nav off and use waze
Is this used on your phone ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The seller just confirmed that it's incompatible 😕
yes, for both android and Icrap :)
Forgot to mention, if you manage to get autoplay working it will load into your car screen ;)
On a 2017 Tekna?
I don't think mine will, it's phone only. That's why I say Leafspy connected to A Better Route Planner (based on Google Maps so as up to date) for car telemetry direct into the route planner. You can copy the route easily from there if you need to too!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've started using maps.me - the interface takes some getting used to but it seems to work quite well. I'm not impressed by the satnav in the car, not only is it out of date, it's really clunky to use as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've just checked on the Nissan map site for the 2016 leaf and it comes up with this map. So currently my map is 2015/2016 so do you think its worth the update? Or is the MY16/17 the year of the car and not the map year?
Screenshot_20191213_060533_com.android.chrome.jpg

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
HERE maps is what is used by Nissan and was previously NAVTEQ that underpins more mapping offline softwares.

I have it on my devices for travel across Europe with many countries downloaded

Google is great for traffic data when you have good connectivity but I wouldn't trust it on the go.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have used Sygic for several years and find it one of the best I've tried. And I've tried them all. In conjunction with Googlemaps when I get a decent signal. It works on the continent too. Pretty disgusted with Nissan's poxy effort, it's a car for goodness sake, it really isn't that difficult. They are more concerned with protecting their ongoing revenue stream than ensuring their customers have a problem-free, user-friendly and up-to-date navigation system.

I have set up an old 8inch Android tablet I had lying around with a gooseneck holder just to the left of the main screen. I have set it up so It gives me Leafspy pro and Sygic, with Sygic as the default. It automtically connects to my smartphone which gives a hotspot with unlimited data. The only problem I have is the dreadful coverage of 3 in the South of England. Sygic uses downloaded maps and live feeds just for traffic information.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use Leafspy Pro which feeds A Better Route Planner (ABRP) with Leaf telemetry for more accurate planning. Based on Google Maps data you can use it on the road or copy to your favourite app (even, from the web version, to NissanConnect after a bit of faffing about).

Really disappointed that Nissan hasn't updated their nav software for the leaf, they've done it for other of their vehicles (Juke, etc).

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Leaf is the unwanted child that managed to live and thrive while being fed on leftovers.

I don't have more expectations from Nissan

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

1 - 19 of 19 Posts