Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to stop the sat nav voice muting media that is playing. I can lower/switch off her voice but it still mutes the media when an instruction would normally be made. This is very annoying when listening to music.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I remember there was a setting somewhere in the system, but will have to look later (when in car)...

My question is why would you want to? As sometimes instructions would be drowned out by the music/media... which one is more important: you missing a note or missing a turn?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and would appreciate if you did have a look later. Using the sat nav is good for maximising the efficiency of hybrid mode. So I guess I'm programming a route without the need for directions.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks and would appreciate if you did have a look later. Using the sat nav is good for maximising the efficiency of hybrid mode. So I guess I'm programming a route without the need for directions.
If you press mute this should solve the issue - i.e. not just turn the volume down but press the mute button next to the volume slider.

But think @Todor is right too, there is something int he menus. Personally I haven't changed this though as when I do get instruction I want to hear them and if I don't I just mute the voice.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think it's a worthwhile question because people may use the sat nav for the benefit of the predictive hybrid strategy mode. Or sometimes it's nice to have it on so you can see your ETA and be aware of any traffic issues, even though you know where you're going. So being able to mute the voice and enjoy the music uninterrupted is desirable.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Theres two settings
1. one turns the voice volume up/down/mute
2. another to lower the music/radio volume during the sat nav voiceover

Personally I hate voice guidance and this is turned down/muted and the music/radio is not allowed to drop in volume during an announcement. This needs adjustment or your radio volume drops unexpectedly or off altogether.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From the navigation screen press settings, then Navigation Announcements, then you can select from Full, Reduced or Traffic only, or something like that.

I have mine set to traffic only and I can’t stand the navigation announcements, but still useful for traffic and sat nav for predictive hybrid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts