Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is it possible to add the sat nav option to the lower spec car I bet the plugs and wiring are in place just hidden away

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi is it possible to add the sat nav option to the lower spec car I bet the plugs and wiring are in place just hidden away
I have Satnav in my car. I however do not use it because it is not very good. You cannot use full post codes. In addition there are no updates and the Maps are from 2012.
You are better off using a separate Satnav. There is a power outlet on top of the dashboard to plug in accessories which is handy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm sure I've read here before that you cannot retrofit the satnav to a Positiv. I also think I've read that someone had a method to redirect their phone display to the screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the built in satnav but never go anywhere without the satnav on my mobile phone running. The reason is my main use of a satnav is not to find where I am going, but to avoid falling victim to the speed camera extorsion racket. I drive a lot on the continent where the cameras are usually hidden, dark coloured and shoot you from the front. Speed limit signage is usually small and unlit. Huge efforts have been spent by various governments on extorting the maximum , so lower than expected speed limits are often found where you would not expect them and the speed limit is constantly changed. The favorite is a 20mph / 30kmh zone on a main road with a small unlit speed limit sign.. The Ampera sat nav does not have speed limits built in, thus I never drive without the one on my mobile which gives a warning if a break a limit. Just be aware, whatever you use, make sure there are no extortion camera warnings on your satnav if you drive through France as its a 1500 euro fine and they can take the vehicle as well. Its a Relief to be back in blighty where most cameras are yellow and the speed limit is usually clearly displayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts