Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my Leaf tomorrow and I will be using a fair few Ecotricity points along the way, what information do I need for programming the Sat Nav I gather postcodes are not accepted?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
640 Posts
For Motorways, as the charge point lists are pretty poor, I use the Reststops category (I think it is ) to find the services I want. Does mean you have to scroll down several pages and know the name of the services you want. The advantage is you locate the actual services you want. Post codes can get you the services in the wrong direction or even off Motorway destinations. I normally set up the next destination while charging. Then use the miles to destination to keep an eye on range while driving.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Surely though if your on the motorway you only need to know the distance to it. It should be pretty difficult to miss one.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes countdown on the sat nav vs range meter that can be fun

Just for information Sunderland Nissan's postcode takes you to Renualt who don't have a charger. Not good when you've only 5% remaining.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I send all my destinations to the Leaf from my laptop or smart phone using "Google maps" and "send to car". This way I just jump in the car and tell the sat nav to download all the address data from the server. If using Google Maps you'll have to use the older version. This can be done by clicking on the question mark in the lower right corner and selecting "return to classic google maps".

·
mk1 leaf 13 plate
173 Posts
This is a very big problem every day my satnav updates new charge stations,however went to blackpool last week and nissan blackpool wouldent come up on the nav, when the nav updates does it store the charge points!not to sure!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I send all my destinations to the Leaf from my laptop or smart phone using "Google maps" and "send to car". This way I just jump in the car and tell the sat nav to download all the address data from the server. If using Google Maps you'll have to use the older version. This can be done by clicking on the question mark in the lower right corner and selecting "return to classic google maps".
Hey, that's good to know. I wondered why Google Send to Car wouldn't work for me; Nissan said the Acenta wasn't equipped for it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe it's only the Visia models that haven't got the sat nav. Acenta and Tekna models should allow the Google Send To Car function. Being as my Leaf Tekna has its own internet connection I don't even have to pair up a mobile phone to download the Google Send To Car data. My Toyota Yaris Hybrid also has the Send To Car feature but requires a mobile phone to be paired in order to connect to the internet. I certainly find this a great feature, especially with the amount of travelling I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts