Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after starting the car the satnav never woke up. Just displayed a rotating ‘buffering’ style circle. Head unit was otherwise responsive but pressing nav or map just brought up the useless circle. Tried powering off, didn’t help. Recovered after being left parked up for a few hours. Possibly just one of those things. Wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes I experienced this as well as occasional unresponsiveness of screen. Had time when no battery % or range showed. Took it to dealers and got it back today. Screen ok just did a firmware update and seems ok so far but it was an intermittent fault. New interface takes getting used to!
Screenshot_20201026-101350.jpg
IMG_20201004_124504.jpg

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah interesting. I didn’t even get the three panels. Do you know what software version the dealer installed?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I’ve had it a couple of times too. It’s almost like the system is doing a reboot when turned on. I’ve always wondered whether OTA does happen unseen 🤔

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
275 Posts
Ah interesting. I didn’t even get the three panels. Do you know what software version the dealer installed?
Latest version of the software is 200923. Otherwise known as "the purple version"

It loses the 3 screen split, unless I am missing a setting somewhere, but gains the ability to set up profiles for different users.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
275 Posts
If anyone finds a way to show the 3 screen split again on the new firmware, I'd be interested to know how. I think it has gone but I quite liked that view.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I need to contact the dealer anyway so will raise it. Mine was supplied with 191204 by the looks of things.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the info. I need to contact the dealer anyway so will raise it. Mine was supplied with 191204 by the looks of things.
View attachment 136561
Mine was too and only got it in July. Be warned, the new update loses the 1/3's split screen but allows profile settings for users.

Do we have to wait for a service to get update? Someone on this forum said done via USB so would be nice if Kia allowed a download and users can do this themselves. My dealer told another customer while I was there the map update was £25. She went off at them! I wouldn't bother with map update as only come out infrequently and by then out of date. Better to use Google or Waze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts