Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved house recently and I have tried to update the Home location on the satnav to our new location. I can't work out how to do it, and the Owner's Manual is no help. All assistance greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If all else fails you can return the unit to factory settings. Can’t recall the way of changing the Home now but it is just a favourite isn’t it? From memory there’s a delete / update option somewhere in the screens. I’ll check in the morning if I’m in it and nobody answers before.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Apologies for the rubbish photo quality

Hit the NAV button below the screen to get here

Touch "Address Book" to get here

Touch "Menu" to get here

Touch "Edit" to get here

When you get to this last screen, the entry with the "House" next to it is home. Touch the "Pen" icon to edit the details then follow the exit out to save!

Knew I could recall finding it, at least I think that is it ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies for the rubbish photo quality

Hit the NAV button below the screen to get here

View attachment 130253

Touch "Address Book" to get here

View attachment 130254

Touch "Menu" to get here

View attachment 130255

Touch "Edit" to get here

View attachment 130256

When you get to this last screen, the entry with the "House" next to it is home. Touch the "Pen" icon to edit the details then follow the exit out to save!

Knew I could recall finding it, at least I think that is it ;)
Thank you for taking the trouble to post this guidance. I've had a quick go at it and when I get to the last screen it displays my old address and there doesn't seem to be any way to change the address, or to store current location as the new Home. I will have a proper look tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Sorry, I didn’t try that bit but you have the option to delete the home one and then reset it from your favourites screen. But you should be able to change the address I thought. I’ll check again too.

Think you are correct. It edits the name not the address. No problem though. When you get to the edit option above, choose delete instead. It will give you a checkbox list.

Check the one with the House and press "Delete"

Confirm the deletion

Now you have removed your Home address so you need to go back to the Nav Screen and select "Favourites" and you will see you have the + option back to add a new home address

Fingers crossed (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just had another go after an antisocial BBQ (me, wife and dog) and several beers. SUCCESS, very grateful for your help, this has been annoying me for months.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
BTW, I never put my home address as my home address just in case. Just in case of what I've no idea but it seems sensible to have the car direct anyone to an address that my door key doesn't fit in the event that my car keys and car are stolen together! I usually pick the address of a local copper if I know one :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, I never put my home address as my home address just in case. Just in case of what I've no idea but it seems sensible to have the car direct anyone to an address that my door key doesn't fit in the event that my car key and car are stolen together! I usually pick the address of a local copper if I know one :eek:
That’s a very good point, I hadn’t thought of that. From now on I shall be living at the local library!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts