Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kia eNiro 4+, White
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently once a year the satnav maps are updated. Does anyone know when the new maps come out as I would hate to buy new maps only for new ones to come out the week after

Sean

·
Registered
257 Posts
Apparently once a year the satnav maps are updated. Does anyone know when the new maps come out as I would hate to buy new maps only for new ones to come out the week after

Sean
There’s a thread on this already “Niro software update “ it came out 23/9/20

·
Registered
107 Posts
I thought that thread was about system updates not specifically the SatNav, which I understood was updated at service time FOC?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The version numbers quoted in that thread indicate that it's a new version of the maps as well.

Previous version numbers were:
Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU
Software: DE_E_20.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.191204
Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200117.MICOM
NAV APP: STD5W.EUR.KMC.191119.7074eb6
Map version: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

Latest quoted version numbers:
Updated: 27.10.2020
Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU
Software: DE_E_20.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.200923
Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200720.MICOM
NAV APP: STD5W.EUR.KMC.200730.d7e51e2_20RU1
Map version: EUR.12.47.52.557.402.2(D.G2/E.G3)
MKBD Software: 01.01

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thought that thread was about system updates not specifically the SatNav, which I understood was updated at service time FOC?
My dealer has never offered to do any updates , it's a April 19 one. I understand they do charge , am I correct?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's all very ambiguous:

"As part of our quality promise, each new Kia factory-fitted with an LG navigation device is entitled to six free annual map updates*. A unique offer that ensures your navigation system is always up-to-date."

*Kia 7-year map updateThe program applies only to new Kia vehicles purchased after February 28, 2013 with factory fitted LG Navigation devices. Labor fees may occur at the service point for the time allocated to perform the update. 7 Year Map Update program provides six map updates as Kia vehicles already come with latest available map from the factory. The warranty of the navigation system is not affected by this program. Kia does not bear the responsibility for the quality of the map data supplied by the map data supplier Navteq. TomTom Live Services: Services are free of charge for 7 years after the first connection of the navigation to the mobile network.

I really don't get why they, like other manufacturers, alienate customers with these petty charges. There can't be more than a few minutes 'labor' involved and they're already getting far more than its worth for 'servicing' the car.

I guess it's down to how interested your dealer is in keeping you happy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I saw this offer from Kia as well but only on the Irish Kia website! Each dealer charges a different amount for the time. Some £40, my dealer £25. Most dealers charge for satnav updates but many on here got the firmware for free with a service. I don't think it's a blanket policy, as has been said, it depends on whether dealer wants to be nice and keep you happy and how you ask? Considering service price and no engine to maintain, should be included in service.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
560 Posts
The sales guy told me (before I committed) that they always do free updates during their standard services. So I held him to that (I think he may have made a verbal mistake frankly). After collecting the car, I pestered him to drop me an email confirming it. Eventually he did so. So I have it in writing. Ironically, now I’m not sure I even want it updating and thus losing the triple screen. As for the nav well it’s rubbish anyway so I don’t care.
The cars great though, it has to be said. It’s all about the great driver experience for me.

Peter

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,104 Posts
I have to be honest, I knew all the update troubles/fee charging with Kia update before committing too. So, I got the same as @prawlin , written confirmation that the car will be updated to the latest firmware and maps before collection. And it was at the point of collection.

The issue is that they have now released another one within couple of months, of me collecting my car. :unsure: :rolleyes:

Do I pay or do I stay...

·
Registered
281 Posts
My dealer has never offered to do any updates , it's a April 19 one. I understand they do charge , am I correct?
There's a thread on here with details on where you can download the software from early 2020 and how to install it. MY19:s update from the SD Card while MY20's update from USB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts