Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, but I don't find this very 'user-friendly'. It's role is obvious enough by the title, but when one presses it, there is no light on it to indicate it is 'activated' nor, from what I can (not) see is there anything in the dashboard to indicate that it has been pressed. It does not seem to have an 'in' and 'out' position either. So, it's a bit hit and miss and the only way I have been able to 'check' is to put in, say, the 'granny' cable and see if AC charging starts immediately. Am I being too picky?
This not helped by the incorrect 'icon' numbering on page 2|4.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I do not have an E-Nero yet, but on my Leaf there is a similar button to bypass the charger timer. It also does not light up or show an indication anywhere. However, it is surely only used when you wish to bypass the charging timer and begin an immediate charge. Since the charge starts immediately on pressing the button and connecting the charger there seems to be no need for an indication.

On the other hand, I suppose if you have a timer on your wall charger it may be important to know whether the car timer has been bypassed. Having never had a timer on my wall charger it has never given me any problems.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
On the Kona after the scheduled overnight charging times if you plug in the car the battery symbol does not flash and the scheduled timing light lights up. When pressed the battery start to cycle up and down and the garo charger light does from flashing green to Blue ro show its charging

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the Kona after the scheduled overnight charging times if you plug in the car the battery symbol does not flash and the scheduled timing light lights up. When pressed the battery start to cycle up and down and the garo charger light does from flashing green to Blue ro show its charging
Are you saying that one has to plug in first? Obviously, assuming it works, the three green lights will start to come in to play and, anyway, the colour, certainly on my Rolec charger will change. Conversely, as mentioned originally, the symbol on the granny charging unit will start to flash. I still would prefer if there was an indication inside the car! Also, can one, as an alternative, simply 'untick' the scheduled charging in the Infotainment system?

·
Registered
256 Posts
On the Niro PHEV pressing the scheduled charging deactivation button will put the car into charge mode and the green light on the top of the dash will light up. I would have thought similar for the e-Niro (although i know charging light arrangement is different).

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
You can untick the charging schedule.
I have a timer set but very rarely use it as I use the timer on the charger.
It is mostly unticked and occasionally I tick it when I want to use the car timer.
This always works for me.

Unless you are leaving the car plugged in to wait for a timer on the charger to start then the three green lights in the middle of the dash will flash, or at least one of them will, to show the car is charging.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
Are you saying that one has to plug in first? Obviously, assuming it works, the three green lights will start to come in to play and, anyway, the colour, certainly on my Rolec charger will change. Conversely, as mentioned originally, the symbol on the granny charging unit will start to flash. I still would prefer if there was an indication inside the car! Also, can one, as an alternative, simply 'untick' the scheduled charging in the Infotainment system?
Yes it has to be plugged in before pressing the button.
Even if was still charging in the scheduled time and then went outside that time you have to unplug and replug before pressing the button it does work well. No need to press it of you are charging on a rapid charger

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
When you turn the car off, there are two messages shown on the lcd display telling you if delayed charging and departure are on or off if that helps. I don’t think the button you are referring to works to switch the delayed charging off until everything is switched off.

As you say, it’s a pain that it gives you no feedback until after you plug in (n)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts