Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just a quick question on scheduled charging.

On the LEAF you set the charge start and end time and when you plug-in and turn the car off the middle light flashes to indicate its on a timer.

I can't see any such indicator on the Ioniq? If I hit charge now it starts to charge so I know the cable and charger are working but am not sure if the schedule will work? Am I missing something?

John

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi

Just a quick question on scheduled charging.

On the LEAF you set the charge start and end time and when you plug-in and turn the car off the middle light flashes to indicate its on a timer.

I can't see any such indicator on the Ioniq? If I hit charge now it starts to charge so I know the cable and charger are working but am not sure if the schedule will work? Am I missing something?

John
You need to set the off peak times and then select the "Off peak only" option.

That delays the charge to that time, rather than it just starting immediately in preparation for your next set departure time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked manual H15
OFF———Blinking——-OFF Scheduled charging is operating
(turns OFF after 3 minutes)
Thanks, just found the manual underneath the boot carpet! 😄

Yes I think it did that, at 83% left anyway so only doing it to test out scheduled timing. I must admit I dont like the way it does it departure time working backwards....I realise you can set the off peak tariff but my tariff changes every hour, Octopus Agile, so would prefer start at this time end at that. But i can work around it and wont be charging more than once a week anyway probably looking at the range.

Appreciate the response @IoniqHugh will flip through the manual and do a spot the difference compared to the Hybrid Premium SE I just handed back.

J

Reactions: IoniqHugh

·
Registered
590 Posts
I realise you can set the off peak tariff but my tariff changes every hour, Octopus Agile, so would prefer start at this time end at that.
The function does exactly that.

Set the off peak time to your desired start time and set "off peak only" and it is doing what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts