Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got onto the Octopus Go tariff so tonight I have set up scheduled charging via the app. Everything seemed to work fine, car was flashing, ready to charge.

Then the wife noticed the smart meter going up too quickly. The car had started charging itself. (Scheduled times in the app went back to default)

I repeated the procedure and this happened again.

Is this another known bug in the Bluelink app?

I have now set it in car and will leave the app alone.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
171 Posts
Did you get a confirmation from the app that the car had actioned your new charge time settings?

My own solution has been to set this up on my Zappi home charger but this is because I also charge from solar panels and so need the car to accept charge 24/7.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 2021 64kWh Premium
227 Posts
Yes I did. After refreshing, all details were correct and present in the app.

After about 30 minutes it just started charging. On checking the app, the times had returned to default.
I’ve just had this problem tonight! Noticed the indicator flashing on the charge point… it just randomly deleted the scheduled times even though when I plugged it in it said waiting for schedule, and it’s been fine the last few nights! Very disappointing

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve just had this problem tonight! Noticed the indicator flashing on the charge point… it just randomly deleted the scheduled times even though when I plugged it in it said waiting for schedule, and it’s been fine the last few nights! Very disappointing
Have you changed to the new Bluelink app? It's a completely different app, not just an update.

I haven't had any problems since using the new app. Mind you, I generally just use the timer on my charger now that the manufacturer has enabled it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you changed to the new Bluelink app? It's a completely different app, not just an update.

I haven't had any problems since using the new app. Mind you, I generally just use the timer on my charger now that the manufacturer has enabled it.
Yeah been using the new app a while now. It’s really weird, I can see the moment it decided to sack it off, 11:33pm and 34s (I can see the charging indicator on the charger reflected in a window and it changed from flashing blue on/off, to flashing between green/yellow… so random!

I like using it on the car as it self manages the preheat etc from mains instead of the battery. I know some people will mock me and go “how much does it really use if it comes from the battery” but I’ve done nearly 8k miles since end of August… it’s winter, I need all the range I can get as I can do 200+ in a day lol.

I wonder if I set the charge point for 12:30am - 8am, if it would work in tandem with the preheat or if it would still “finish” the charge when it reaches the 80/100% preset charge limit

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's happened to me a few times now. Brand new Kona collected about 4 weeks ago
Weirdly it hasn’t happened to me in ages… BUT… I also haven’t had to use a rapid in ages. Last time I noticed it was the night after using a rapid but it’s never happened since so I wonder if it was something DC messing with the AC settings 🤷🏼‍♂️
Either way mines stopped doing it.

Speaking of rapids, I am loving the Kona’s range now we are coming out of winter, today is 16C and I’ve done 200.7 miles today, arriving back with 43% battery!! Goldilocks zone of not needing AC and fan being sufficient, but also nice temp for the battery etc, but yeah, majorly impressed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts