Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be on Octopus Go soon so will have a 4 hour window to charge my 7.5 GTE.

I'm not sure if that's enough time to fully charge my battery using the granny charger - so I was wondering if I scheduled a 5 hour charging window - lets say from 12:30 to 5:30am, would it start charging at 12:30 no matter what or would it try and time it so that a full charge is reached by 5:30?

Writing this down it kinda does sound like a silly question - though I wanted to check.

On a side note - using the weconnect app, would you say that if the blue line charging scale on the car home page is a reliable way to see if the battery is fully charged? Even before Go tariff kicks in I've set my window to 12:30-4:30 and want to check if the battery is fully charged, the only thing I've got to go on is that every blue mark on the app is set

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok cheers - please can you explain what you mean a little more?

I have weconnect setup for off peak and I've set this to 12:30 to 4:30am i.e. the Octopus cheap window.

I have my departure time set to 9am every morning though I believe that is irrelevant as it's only for charging (not heat also) and the off peak setting will override that - is that right?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,136 Posts
I was looking at the wrong charging location profile..

It starts charging at the beginning of your off-peak window. If the departure time is set for charging only, I believe it's overridden by the off-peak settings, yes. If not, you can just edit it to 4.30am anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts