Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2020 Niro EV EX set to charge only during Off Peak hours from 8:00PM to 2:00PM. So I plug the charger in at 4:00PM and it says waiting to charge at scheduled time. So I think everything is working. Then I happen to use Uvo to check the car at 6:30 PM and low and behold it is charging and has been for a while. I don't know why it will not properly follow the scheduled charging. The car is set to charge only during off peak hours. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Not sure but it sounds like you've got a setting wrong somewhere in there. Can you screenshot the relevant charge management screens to show what settings are on them?

Have you got any departure times set to pre-condition?

This is a personal thing but from bitter experience of car apps, they are rubbish and I wouldn't trust the app to tell me what is actually happening to the car now rather than what it was doing some time ago when the status was last updated. I'm guessing you have confirmed that the car actually was charging though?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have a departure time set at 2:00PM. (I'm still trying to figure out how to delete a set departure time.) And, yes I verified that it was charging off schedule. It seems the EX Premium saves a lot of settings in the driver profile that is missing from the EX. Arg! I bought the car for efficient transportation, not because I wanted another hobby!

·
Registered
112 Posts
you are doing this in the app right?

delete your schedule, put the only charge on off peak option in on the first screen on the schedule.

my schedule went goofy after I did a firmware update, the app said it was fine, but the car charged early like yours did.

removing and resetting the schedule fixed it.

Greg

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve got a different problem. The car’s plugged in and the app shows it as not charging @ 173 miles of range.

I change the target mileage and time and override the current settings but it doesn’t change anything.

I get a message saying ‘charging to 0% due to your car’s charge limit setting’ what the hell does that mean?

It’s worked fine until today, after linking the Ohme App to the UVO app.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just been out, unlocked, unplugged and plugged back in. Set required charge on Ohme app and its now working.
Weird.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pretty unimpressed by these two apps to be honest. The Ohme app tells me it’s charging to 240 miles from 176 in the next 3 hours.
The UVO app says its charging from 60% to 100% in the next 27 hours.
Why conflicting units, miles/% and why different targets?
If these guys are working together to link the apps you’d think they’d use the same terminology.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also had this with UVO. Charging at off-peak times worked perfectly until we installed UVO. Then it first started charging immediately. The second trick it pulled was to switch off the scheduled charging at some random hour like 8pm for no reason. You can check the settings and retransmit the (now correct) settings to the car late evening, and it sticks until tomorrow, if that happens to you.

The good news is that after a week or so it seems to have "learned" not to mess around with things, and has stopped interfering.

There's a thread elsewhere on the interaction of the UVO and Ohme apps. I hate apps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One thing I’ve not found is any sort of detailed user instructions for either app. Are we all just supposed to know how they work? Maybe I’ll have to get my granddaughter to have a look.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would be better to start a new thread if it is a different problem...

If you park the car, and then put the charger in, it will start charging immediately, you have to wait a bit.. that happened to me for a while until I realized that the car was not fully "off" and it was trying to "help" me.

So, I exit the car, open the charging door, and I wait until the light by the charging port goes out... then plugging in the charger will only start by the schedule...

Greg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Both the symptoms I listed above occurred several hours after the car had been locked up. The idea of waiting for the charger port light to go out is a good one, but it doesn't seem to affect things either way now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, waiting for the light to go out is NECESSARY, but I understand it does not solve your problem. I put this here since the thread seems to be expanding on charging problems, and this is one that I had to figure out.

On your issue: did you erase all your schedules and re-instate them?

Be sure to select the "charge only on off hours" opion that appears first when creating a schedule. My app version is 3.12.0, wait, update just now to 3.14.0 (android)

Greg

·
Registered
27 Posts
The schedules were set on both my and my wife's UVO app to exactly the same as entered into the car. What seems to have happened is that the scheduled showed up at some point during the evening as "off"- not sure when exactly but it was after eight. The app scheduled charging screen showed the slider in the off position, whereas it had been on earlier that evening. It was easy enough to move it back to the on position, and reimpose the schedule to the car, which worked.

As I said earlier, it hasn't done this for a while now, where it was doing so every evening before. Maybe it has a learning function in there. It does look to be UVO-driven to me, though I may be wrong.

On the car starting to charge, I've just been out there and plugged it in, locked the car, and switched the charger on. I can confirm the charger port light was still on when I did this, but the charger didn't start charging immediately. The single flashing green light on the dash came on until the port light went out. UVO shows the charger as connected and waiting for the schedule to kick in, which is as it should be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I feel really stupid! I found out the time zone in my car somehow changed to the wrong one, probably when it was in for service. I reset the clock in the car and now my scheduled charging is working as advertised!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still completely unimpressed by the UVO and Ohme apps. Again, I’ve come home, plugged the car in, it seemed to start charging, I don’t think it is now, but I can’t set it to charge to a certain mileage by a certain time.
If I change target in the Ohme I just doesn't, I get a message saying ‘Charging only to 0.0% due to your car’s charge limit setting’
What the hell does that mean and how do I set the thing to charge.
Why do people release these apps with so many bugs and without proper user guidance?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts