Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got our '4' in July. Love it. Initially we plugged it in to our home Pod Point whenever we needed a charge. I've installed and use UVO. Now I'm trying to schedule night tariff charging and I set a schedule on the car for charging to being at 1am and finish at 5am. It's worked once and not worked twice - though the car is plugged in.

Any ideas about what the problem is? I'm getting scared of trying to charge off peak because I don't want to get up and find the charge has failed. I also want to move to Octopus and need to be able to charge during those vital 4 hours.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It also seems important to set a departure time (I am not sure why) and to make sure that scheduled charging is set to on. The only failure I had to scheduled charging was when somehow scheduled charging had been set to off. If you are using the UVO app "scheduled charging" must show a a red "on" and not a white "off".

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thank you so much for the tips. I think you've cracked it. I don't think I've selected "everyday" and I also resisted setting week long departure times - because I don't know when they will be and I didn't want it preconditioned unnecessarily.

I'll have another practice this evening and I'll watch for the dash message.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine does sometimes forgets to charge, even though everything is setup correctly. I usually check after the scheduled start time and manually start if necessary.

I think I have a pattern that if I plug in with the door open it usually fails and if I plug in with the doors all closed and don't re-open, then it usually works

·
Registered
492 Posts
Departure time is a must for every day you wish to charge by schedule.

Also, if you plug the car in too close to charging time, weird stuff happens. I've seen both missed charges, and the unit tries to charge immediately.

When cancelling the unwanted "immediate" charge, if it is cancelled too close to the time for the scheduled charge, usually the scheduled charge does not occur that time.

Really crappy software indeed.

Greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I tried again last night. FAIL. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. UVO responsive. Charging schedule on. Off peak charging selected. Departure time (spurious) chosen. Correct message on the dash. Very irritating. Trying again tonight.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
27 Posts
Mine never worked when I used the app, but always works fine when I set it in the car. Never fails now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts