Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I appear to be having similar issues.

Whenever i plug in at home the car starts charging immediately. Pressing the timer button doesn't seem to be doing anything to switch the charge off and wait for the timer.

Main reason i want it on the timer as i am on the Octopus GO tariff so i want it to charge during the cheaper rate electricity.

I have managed to get the car to not charge straight away tonight. Will see if it has actually charged on the timer tomorrow morning.

Not sure what it was that i did to make it (hopefully) switch back to timer though.

Doesn't help that the feature in the app to control this stuff is locked behind a f*****g paywall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I appear to be having similar issues.

Whenever i plug in at home the car starts charging immediately. Pressing the timer button doesn't seem to be doing anything to switch the charge off and wait for the timer.

Main reason i want it on the timer as i am on the Octopus GO tariff so i want it to charge during the cheaper rate electricity.

I have managed to get the car to not charge straight away tonight. Will see if it has actually charged on the timer tomorrow morning.

Not sure what it was that i did to make it (hopefully) switch back to timer though.

Doesn't help that the feature in the app to control this stuff is locked behind a f*****g paywall.
Looks like the car charged correctly on the scheduled charge over night. Not sure how I got it to that state though.

Combination of locking and unlocking the car, pulling and reinserting the charge cable until it decided to not instantly start charging and wait for the schedule.

Let's see if I can do the same tonight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hopefully it'll become predictable for you soon.

I've gotten into a habit now I've had the Passat GTE for a couple of months.

I rely and trust the settings in the car, so it's always charged up and ready for when I expect it. Apart from the time I used a faulty charging post at work.

The We Connect app is just a gimmick really, sounds good and looks impressive but nothing compared to other EVs.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts