Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got off the phone to EST and they are miles behind with paperwork and it doesn't look like they'll have my money in time to get my car on the 10th so pretty gutted probably have to wait until March for my car now
That’s rubbish Scotty. I’ve received a copy of the official complaints form by email from the EST. Would you like a copy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had an email on Friday which stated that the documentation on my file looked good but that they didn’t have a copy of the dealer invoice (another error from the EST - they received it separately direct from the dealership the day after I sent all the completed documents on the 17th October). I spoke to them on the phone on Friday afternoon to clear things up so hopefully they will be back on it again tomorrow. The fact that someone is actually going through my submission is a small glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha they're unbelievable 🤣

Good news your loan is at the processing stage tho

I called today for a update I applied for my loan in October but my final approved invoice went in on the 8th11
So according to the advisor my loan should go through next week and he also mentioned that they are using a fast payment method for the next 2 weeks to clear the backlog so should get the money 💰 in 2 days not 3to5 after processing so I'm hopeful I might still make it for the 10th

Enjoy your new car and let me know how you get on with the final stages of the loan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really hope that the faster payment thing is not just more EST bills&!t to appease frustrated claimants. Fingers crossed 🤞 for us both. Will post as soon as I have more news.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

I applied for the loan on the 17th Oct, the same day as I ordered my Tesla M3. I received confirmation of the loan on the 8th Nov and sent back all the required documentation on the 9th. This included Tesla Glasgow sending them my invoice directly. I'm due to pick up my car on the 10th Dec and I'm starting to panic that I'm not going to get the funds in time. The status on my loan application is still showing 'loan offer sent'. Is there another status after that when they are checking your documents? I'm about to email Tesla and ask what happens if I don't pay before the 10th :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all

I applied for the loan on the 17th Oct, the same day as I ordered my Tesla M3. I received confirmation of the loan on the 8th Nov and sent back all the required documentation on the 9th. This included Tesla Glasgow sending them my invoice directly. I'm due to pick up my car on the 10th Dec and I'm starting to panic that I'm not going to get the funds in time. The status on my loan application is still showing 'loan offer sent'. Is there another status after that when they are checking your documents? I'm about to email Tesla and ask what happens if I don't pay before the 10th :(
Hi Tumshie

I’ve applied for a used car loan but I believe that they are all processed by the same office. If that’s the case there’s absolutely no chance of you receiving the funds by the 10th unfortunately unless there’s a significant change to the staffing that process the claims. I’m currently at day 27 (working days) and they’ve only just started actually processing my paperwork and I’d be surprised if I receive the funds before the end of next week - 35 working days. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if they have changed the payment method that will only save a couple of days. My understanding is that they only process the bankroll on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday so if your paperwork is completed on a Friday it wouldn’t get bankrolled until the following Tuesday and so you’d be lucky to receive the funds before the following Friday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Tumshie

I’ve applied for a used car loan but I believe that they are all processed by the same office. If that’s the case there’s absolutely no chance of you receiving the funds by the 10th unfortunately unless there’s a significant change to the staffing that process the claims. I’m currently at day 27 (working days) and they’ve only just started actually processing my paperwork and I’d be surprised if I receive the funds before the end of next week - 35 working days. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if they have changed the payment method that will only save a couple of days. My understanding is that they only process the bankroll on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday so if your paperwork is completed on a Friday it wouldn’t get bankrolled until the following Tuesday and so you’d be lucky to receive the funds before the following Friday.
Thank you Jimslita
You're right, that's not good news, but at least it's news! I've learned more about what's going on from this thread than from EST! If I at least know what's going on, I can make plans and other arrangements.

I hope your funding comes through soon 🤞

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Tumshie

What did Tesla reply to your email?

I'm also meant to take home delivery of my Tesla on the 10th but they don't sound keen delaying stating if I'm unmatched I will go in the queue until the next car is available and that looks like March

Also EST have removed Tesla from the approved cars list from December

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Tumshie

What did Tesla reply to your email?

I'm also meant to take home delivery of my Tesla on the 10th but they don't sound keen delaying stating if I'm unmatched I will go in the queue until the next car is available and that looks like March

Also EST have removed Tesla from the approved cars list from December

Thanks Scott
Hi Scott

I haven't had a reply yet. Radio silence on all fronts!!

I'm sure I'll hear from Tesla eventually (especially when I havent paid the bill!), and I'll post on here what they say.

I saw that about the changes made to the eligible cars list from 1st Dec, basically nothing over 35k. I'm assuming because our loans have already been confirmed, if not paid, that we will still be ok?

I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something! Everything is conspiring against me with this car!

Cheers
Tumshie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regarding the changes to the loan if I get unmatched my invoice will be incorrect the vin numbers wouldn't match so EST could ask for me to reapply and now the loan is unavailable I looked at Tesla finance but your paying around 4000 in interest 😅

Ok look fwd to hearing Teslas reply to your email

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Specially registered to the forum for this EST topic. :)

I'm also in the same situation as many of you, ordered a model 3 this September. Applied and got the loan offer 1st of November. Returned everything ASAP on the 3rd for the claim(including the invoice). Expecting the final loan signing date(start of processing window) to be the 3rd of November. And also asked the dealer to send the invoice directly to the EST's inbox so that saves some time in order to validate its authenticity.

Now since the 3rd, I just keep waiting for them to get that processed. It's been exactly 20 working days now and still got nothing on my account. We're stuck at "Loan offer sent" status. Obvs. most of you as well. Numerous calls to the EST since that process kicked off and the only thing that I could learn is, they're way behind the 10 working days aim right now. (It is obvious) Nothing else really. It just feels like giving them a call is basically a waste of time cause you can't get any information on where are you within the queue and when you should expect something etc.

However, can really say heard a couple of strange things as well, as someone in a Tesla community told me he sent his documents on the 29th of October and got his claim on his bank account in 7 working days?!?!. Just because he's been told to call after sending any document. I've done the almost same thing but still got nothing... And a friend of mine sent her papers on the 15th of October and added the final invoice on the 29th of October and got her claim on her bank account last Friday(if we count that from her sending the final invoice date that makes 20 working days but that does not seem like the fact right now, probs need to count from her first email which leads us to 30 working days waiting time)

But at least learnt a couple of things maybe it might be helpful to share with you too. If you got your Loan Offer, signed and returned back that means your loan is secured now and you will get your claim eventually. That also means you can make your payment and get the ownership of the car(if you have your own funds or can arrange funds from somewhere else to be returned later maybe, that's what I've done also).

I saw that about the changes made to the eligible cars list from 1st Dec, basically nothing over 35k. I'm assuming because our loans have already been confirmed, if not paid, that we will still be ok?
And asked that question before changes took place this morning. Tbh, I was more worried about the ending of the available funds for EST etc might cause claim payment to be cancelled, but what I've been told is since we got our Loan Offer, it is safe now and any changes coming afterwards will be valid for the new applications. As everything(car make model etc.) is already written on our Loan Agreement.

On the other hand, Tesla just doesn't sound aware of the EST delays right now, cause I got a phone call directly from the Tesla Glasgow delivery team, told me that currently there are no delays reported to them related to the EST claims, and since my invoice validated weeks ago, they expecting me to have my claim on my account already. They told me they usually have that information directly from EST cause they're arranging their warehouse based on that information since they have so limited space for the cars. I've told them the situation and what I've been told so far. Although they're very understanding about that occasion, they just told me they can postpone the delivery just for a week, not much. Otherwise, they might need to drop the order and reorder the car again. And when I got back to EST with that information EST thinks, tells me they're always working with Tesla and Tesla knows them, Tesla knows the situation and how they're working right now, they'll understand and postpone the delivery. Naaa.... Nothing much again. Btw, talked with Tesla delivery team today as well, they asked me again if I somehow got my claim on my account and told them nae, and asked about if they're aware of the change on the EST's end about removing the Tesla from the list, and they again told me nope. They heard the rumours but defo don't know it will be in place as of today. What a surprise for them... I can hear them instantly started taking notes or writing to a colleague after hearing that news from me.

I think that is really too much stress for me for getting a loan on a new car. They just somehow need a bit more transparency about the process or the queue, dunno. If I have some information from their end e.g. they're not going well with the queue now and they can't hit the 10 working days target but in a high level I can expect them to process that in 7 weeks time, think that'll make my life so much easier as I can arrange the delivery and all the other stuff based on that information. Not giving a promise just to give high level information. Right now we're trying to guess when we will be getting our claims on our accounts based on each others application dates which sounds me insane.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good morning all

This is now 17 working days since sending back my signed/ completed docs, and still no updates from anyone.

I spoke to a very nice man at EST yesterday, but he advised he was from a third party company, drafted in to assist with the phonecalls while the team work through the backlog of applications. He took on board my predicament and emailed the team directly for me, but that was all he could do. I asked for an assessment of how long he thought it would take, and he wouldn't hazard a guess.

In the meantime Tesla continue to remind me I haven't paid the bill, so I've now emailed the Glasgow Service Centre a second time to advise of what's going on and ask what can done if I can't pay before the pick up date (10th Dec).

:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ffs I just called EST and also only got through to a 3rd party call centre who could provide no info on time scale or in fact any useful info whatsoever

Tried to call Tesla and can't get anyone there either

Jimslita how's your application going got the moolah yet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Although they're very understanding about that occasion, they just told me they can postpone the delivery just for a week
Like you Ugur, I've heard back from Tesla today and they've just said they can postpone by a week. I've asked them to go ahead with that, although by the sounds of it, it probably won't be enough time.

I'm now looking at ways to scrape the money together just to make sure I can get it paid in advance of our new pick up date. This is definitely not the experience I hoped it would be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All

I've just received an email from EST, to advise they are finally checking my loan paperwork and need to speak to me. My loan status has changed to 'Claim being checked'. Fingers crossed I can resolve whatever the issue is quickly!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rang them again on Thursday as I’d heard nothing since they erroneously said I hadn’t sent them a copy of the dealer invoice. The guy I spoke to promised to deal with it personally and guarantees that I’ll receive the cleared funds in my account on Tuesday morning. He conforms that new faster payments are being used to avoid the wait for cleared funds. I received a phone call from the EST yesterday to do my ‘verbal confirmation’ which entails confirming that you can still buy the car (the dealer hasn’t given up hope and sold the car to a cash buyer), that your situation hasn’t changed since the grant was pre approved and that you filled in all the documentation yourself etc. I then had to email written confirmation of the same to them. Looks like Tuesday should be the last day of waiting - I’ve booked collection of the car for Wednesday after work. Tuesday will be working day number 36 😖

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just phoned EST and it was the same questions that you mentioned Jimslita, so hopefully the money will be with me this week. I won't start celebrating til it's in the bank though!

21 - 40 of 73 Posts