Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a trip out this morning, I set my sat nav. Whilst perusing the easy, short and fast routes, a traffic announcement came on. This split the display with the map on the right side and "traffic announcement" on the left side.

When the announcement finished, the screen just froze and wouldn't respond to any button pressing. I tried everything, climate control, radio, hdd, config, nav, dest in fact pretty much every every button, but no success. The only buttons that seemed to do anything were the front and rear demisters which lit up ok.

I started my journey and after a mile or so, decided to park up and switch off. However the screen display remained the same. I carried on with my journey and on reaching my destination I got out of the car, locked it, unlocked it and got back in, but the screen was still frozen. I tried pressing buttons on the steering wheel and one of them released the display! Not sure which one but possibly one of the phone buttons.

All back to normal now. Had the Ampera over three years and never experienced this before. Is it a known bug in the software?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Funnies have been known to appear for no apparent reason. But it's worth checking your 12V battery under the boot floor isn't on the way out. A lot of these pack up soon after 3 years use. Original was an AC Delco - you might be able to check using dentist's mirror & torck if u lift the little "+ -" plastic plate just right-of-centre under the boot carpet. If yours is original, I'd recommend change it immediately.

·
Premium Member
10,034 Posts
Is it a known bug in the software?
No, just one of the quirks of it's personality :D. In almost 5 years owning Amperas I have had similar maybe twice.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Its a computer, the wheels are there to disguise it, just be thankful it does not run Windows needing a reboot twice a day.
The infotainment does seem to throw the odd funny now and again, mine switches to R1 without asking at random :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The same happened to me at the w/e! Driver Information Display (DID) froze on the Nav screen. No response from any of the touch controls (wish I had seen the comment about the steering buttons before ).
I had been cycling through the traffic announcements (TMC) when it froze.

Stopped the car and power cycled - but still not responding - the DID stayed on, even when I got out and locked the car.
So disconnected the 12v battery and reconnected it, which obviously rebooted the console.
Worked fine for the rest of the journey and back.

Does anyone know of a way to reset the DID and Console on the move?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts