Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving and the screen reboots to the Hyundai logo, car was fine. one month later it does it again only this time there's no media volume, no radio or phone calling volume, CarPlay's google map has lost it's current nav session - the destination is still there.
Yesterday the car was dead 12v battery was empty - tailgate was properly closed, charged the 12v battery, lo and behold the media volume is back!
This morning blue link has a battery warning. It goes in for first service and updates Monday 17th but I have so little faith in the dealer, they are really useless... any ideas?

·
Registered
Kona 64
647 Posts
Your 12v battery is probably now past redemption. At least it is less than 2 years old so covered by warranty. That will solve some of your issues.

Otherwise, any modern car is a computer that just happens to have a wheel at each corner. Mine has done a few strange things over the years. Usually solved by closing all windows, powering off, counting to ten.Then power on and reopen windows, it works on my laptop. Voila.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
156 Posts
I had lots of weird dashboard errors and a lockout in my Leaf when the auxiliary battery was failing, a new battery sorted it.
Hopefully they will test your battery as part of the service however I think those batteries are only warrantied for 2 years.

Probably a good idea just to replace the battery to avoid more problems.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
93 Posts
1. Get the dealership to check that all the doors are closing correctly and not keeping the system alive. The boot has been known to cause this with the rubbers a tad proud.
2. Get the dealership to check that the car is powering down into 'sleep mode' and not draining the battery because a door is left open when everything looks closed. They should be able to attach a meter and with everything closed and locked, including the bonnet, watch the current drop to almost nothing as the cars many computers power down and go to sleep.
3. After the dealer has updated the software, check with others on this site that you have the latest upgrades and that they are installed correctly, or as correctly as we think we know.

As for the dealer, the more you help them to consider things - such as above - the more competent they will become, Most garage mechanics were the ones in school that found they were good doing physical things with their hands, but found subjects like computing difficult and now find that they are having to retrain as computer technicians, whether they like it or not. These are the guys who when they need to order a new part avoid using an office computer and ask someone else to do it for them. I have also talked to them about a future when everyday cars are all electric and suggested that they should consider buying a classic petrol car to become a project to lovingly restore and keep before they are all scrapped. Many I feel are going to be made redundant over the next 20 years they need to start to realise this and think about their future.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
156 Posts
Looks like all doors bonnet and tailgate locked in that Bluelink screen-grab, however good advise from IanMurry above.

Btw, nice 175 in your avatar paddycarrol 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts