Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I treated my ID.3 to a full valet yesterday, and it looks SOOO good!

Guys Detailing - they are based in Surrey but happy to travel further afield. Dave and his brother spent 6 hours inside and out - a great job.

They've also transformed my wife's black Yaris today, but as that's an ICE car I won't post photos of it here...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I gave mine the full business yesterday after Saturday's collection. Wash, pull all the dealership wax off, wash, iron decontamination (not much iron fallout actually present), wash, and then 2 coats of G-Techniq C2V3. The weather wasn't the best, but even so, I was surprised at the lack of metallic shimmer on the Glacier White - it honestly looks like a solid colour to me.

Pics from the end of my street.

Beads up nicely (rained about 10 mins after I finished).

·
Registered
355 Posts
I treated my ID.3 to a full valet yesterday, and it looks SOOO good!

Guys Detailing - they are based in Surrey but happy to travel further afield. Dave and his brother spent 6 hours inside and out - a great job.

They've also transformed my wife's black Yaris today, but as that's an ICE car I won't post photos of it here...

View attachment 144446 View attachment 144447
The more I see the grey, the more I like it. Your car looks great.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I’ve had all the stuff to do the body protection etc for other a month - I’ve even treated it to Mitchel & King. It’s been booked in with my local detailing guy twice and cancelled twice - I’m not going through the expense until it’s fixed, incase it ends up being rejected.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
Mine could do with some TLC, it’s done nigh on 11k miles now, and I’ve washed it only 3 times since I’ve owned it. 😳 Poor thing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine could do with some TLC, it’s done nigh on 11k miles now, and I’ve washed it only 3 times since I’ve owned it. 😳 Poor thing.
You've got free grime coating, think of all the money you've saved over fancy ceramic :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice.

I'd also been waiting until I was sure it wasn't getting rejected ... so I'd better pull my finger out on getting it done.

Is it worth getting longer lasting ceramic? Or just expect to re-detail regularly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts