Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted to protect the paintwork on rear bumper and inner door sill.
The door sill protector is for the Captur but shown as the one for the ZE50.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
You'll find that the inner part of the bumper rarely get scratched..... the inside of your boot where the boot latch is though, boy oh boy thats going to look terrible after a year or so. First bike or buggy you stick in the car, guaranteed no mater how careful you are, scraaaaaatch!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll find that the inner part of the bumper rarely get scratched..... the inside of your boot where the boot latch is though, boy oh boy thats going to look terrible after a year or so. First bike or buggy you stick in the car, guaranteed no mater how careful you are, scraaaaaatch!
Ah you dont know me Sandy. My ze22 for 3 yrs.. and my Ze40 for 2 yrs.. Not a single mark on inner boot ;)
I have this rubber Velcro secured thing that if you are transporting anything that could scratch the inner boot or the plastic bumper you flop over those to load and unload the object preventing any scratches

·
Registered
3 Posts

Maybe this will help ?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Or just use some wrap and a hairdryer.
I nearly did that, I bought carbon weave style thick wrap, but never got around to doing it, the damage was already done with loading a pram/buggy in and out for a number of years.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Just fitted to protect the paintwork on rear bumper and inner door sill.
I have this rubber Velcro secured thing that if you are transporting anything that could scratch the inner boot or the plastic bumper you flop over those to load and unload the object preventing any scratches
So its not to protect the bumper as you've said, its a dash of bling! Nothing wrong with that of course, I fitted scuff plates on my ZS too, but they are also functional, as small kids climbing in and out of the back scuffed the sills in Zoe. No amount of flopping rubber liners down or telling a kid too small to step right into the car even when their legs wouldn't reach would work. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So its not to protect the bumper as you've said, its a dash of bling! Nothing wrong with that of course, I fitted scuff plates on my ZS too, but they are also functional, as small kids climbing in and out of the back scuffed the sills in Zoe. No amount of flopping rubber liners down or telling a kid too small to step right into the car even when their legs wouldn't reach would work. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ah well I still think it looks good :)
I do like the German inner boot protector that Markk posted but none in stock ...

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Reactions: ArthurGreenWorld

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do they charge postage and if they do, reckon it will be the same for two of those inner boot protectors once they are back in stock ? ....
They do charge for postage but not sure the amount .. I think it would be the one fee for a number of items.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,688 Posts

Maybe this will help ?
Excellent site. Bookmarked for when I'm back at work on full pay.
That 20% cut while on furlough does put a crimp in these things!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,688 Posts
It sure does... but I Sooo want one of those
Same. And the false floor, and the armrest, etc

TL;DR - When I'm back there, I may have to tell work to expect an entire pallet to arrive from them!
(I live alone & work(ed) full time, so I generally had stuff delivered to work, with my manager's permission)

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
That 20% cut while on furlough does put a crimp in these things!
I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that 20% less pay but your not being taxed right?

Reactions: ArthurGreenWorld

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Same. And the false floor, and the armrest, etc

TL;DR - When I'm back there, I may have to tell work to expect an entire pallet to arrive from them!
(I live alone & work(ed) full time, so I generally had stuff delivered to work, with my manager's permission)
I got the armrest and false boot floor back in February, both great items and easy fitted.

They do charge for postage but not sure the amount .. I think it would be the one fee for a number of items.
Yeah one postage cost for both for my purchase. ~ £117for armrest, £129 for false floor and £16.27 delivery.
Likely not that cheap now.
InkedIMG_20200717_100949028_LI.jpg

Reactions: WonkoTheSaneUK

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the armrest and false boot floor back in February, both great items and easy fitted.

Yeah one postage cost for both for my purchase. ~ £117for armrest, £129 for false floor and £16.27 delivery.
Likely not that cheap now. View attachment 132500
Thanks for info Mo1.
I have arm rest and false floor they are great.. but really like that boot paint protector thing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts