Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not particularly svelte, so it is possible that this is just a problem affecting my ID.3 or those purchased by elephants and hippos. But... does anyone else find that the driver's seat sometimes creaks going over bumps? I find that when it does it, I can usually make it stop again for a while by raising the seat height a couple of notches and lowering it again.

Maybe all ID.3s just have seats that aren't up to the task of transporting lardy drivers around, or maybe my seat is broken?

Do you think VW would fix it under warranty or would they just smash the full fat cappuccino they'd given me out of my hand and say "skinny lattes only for you pal! Now get out!"...?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I used to find on VWs that seats occasionally creaked when the seat hadn't moved in a while. Adjust it out and back in, crank the height up a niche and then back down - see if that cures it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to find on VWs that seats occasionally creaked when the seat hadn't moved in a while. Adjust it out and back in, crank the height up a niche and then back down - see if that cures it.
Yeah, like I say, the cranking it up and back down trick does seem to fix it for a little while. But it always comes back. Sometimes within the same journey.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
532 Posts
Judging by how they insisted that both my door hinge/stay things needed fixing under warranty I'd expect they'd replace every seat and redo the suspension too :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
79 Posts
Both my front seats have a slight creak, when using the armrests but not if they're swung out of use.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not particularly svelte, so it is possible that this is just a problem affecting my ID.3 or those purchased by elephants and hippos. But... does anyone else find that the driver's seat sometimes creaks going over bumps? I find that when it does it, I can usually make it stop again for a while by raising the seat height a couple of notches and lowering it again.

Maybe all ID.3s just have seats that aren't up to the task of transporting lardy drivers around, or maybe my seat is broken?

Do you think VW would fix it under warranty or would they just smash the full fat cappuccino they'd given me out of my hand and say "skinny lattes only for you pal! Now get out!"...?
I’m surprised you can hear the creaks with your new super sound system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts