Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to have all the info released in the next few months, with orders being taken from November.

New SEAT Leon e-Hybrid | SEAT

As with all, its essentially a golf but the new golf e-hybrid won't be coming to the UK I've heard so it seems a more sensible option than the new more powerful GTE.

Seems to me like this is pretty much the same as the current VW Golf GTE but with an upgraded battery? and obviously a make over and odd upgrade inside depending on specs. 40 miles claimed EV range.

Anyone any comments on hybrids/this sort of hybrid? Looking to move towards my first Hybrid and this looks a decent option for what should be around/just under £30k?
 

·
Registered
Kona64
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Also I think the Octavia vRS IV, like this car, will have the upped battery that is in the current model Passat. GTE.
I think the Octavia is estate only, but then some may like that.
If you want a hatch the Leon certainly looks a good 'un. I suspect the price won't be as low as you'd like, but ....

It will be a smart stepping stone into the world of EV motoring !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also I think the Octavia vRS IV, like this car, will have the upped battery that is in the current model Passat. GTE.
I think the Octavia is estate only, but then some may like that.
If you want a hatch the Leon certainly looks a good 'un. I suspect the price won't be as low as you'd like, but ....

It will be a smart stepping stone into the world of EV motoring !
Yeah, can't work it out price wise, its normally a couple of thousand less than the golf, but I guess the new price for the golf hasn't been released yet either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
As a Golf GTE mark 7.5 owner if a PHEV is what you need then I think this would be a good one. The main down side is the complexity of the hybrid system which means out of warranty repairs could be expensive.

However having owned a GTE for two years I would ask if an EV would work for you (eg the upcoming Seat el-born)?

For me 99% of my journeys are within the all electric range of the GTE. The other 1% are mostly very long journeys, towing a trailer, or both. I would rather own the GTE than own an EV and have to faff about with hire cars (in particular as hire cars with tow bars tend to be HiLuxes and Landys).

The only thing I would change with the GTE is more electric range. I would never go back to an ICE car but would definitely get an EV if it had a tow bar.

It will be interesting to see how the e-Hybrid and el-born compare price wise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a Golf GTE mark 7.5 owner if a PHEV is what you need then I think this would be a good one. The main down side is the complexity of the hybrid system which means out of warranty repairs could be expensive.

However having owned a GTE for two years I would ask if an EV would work for you (eg the upcoming Seat el-born)?

For me 99% of my journeys are within the all electric range of the GTE. The other 1% are mostly very long journeys, towing a trailer, or both. I would rather own the GTE than own an EV and have to faff about with hire cars (in particular as hire cars with tow bars tend to be HiLuxes and Landys).

The only thing I would change with the GTE is more electric range. I would never go back to an ICE car but would definitely get an EV if it had a tow bar.

It will be interesting to see how the e-Hybrid and el-born compare price wise.
I‘ve looked at this and I think for now and the near future at least, a hybrid is a good mix. My work is approx 18 miles round trip on country roads (I did ask a question On behalf of a friend on the golf gte page that was for motorway driving if you’re that observant 😂). This new one should get me there and back if required comfortably all year round whilst having the petrol for those 200 mile round trips when they are needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
I would struggle with 18 miles all electric range in winter (particularly if I have had a bad day at work ;)) but assuming it is the same as the mark 8 GTE the Seat e-Hybrid should have 50% more battery. Looks nice too 🙂
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top