Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures of SEATs version of the VW I.D. 3

New SEAT el-Born concept previews all-electric family car at Geneva

SEAT says the el-Born will have a 62kWh battery - the largest of the predicted range of capacities that will be offered in the ID. So equipped, the el-Born has a range of up to 420km (261 miles) between charges on the tougher WLTP test cycle, SEAT claims. The car has 100kW DC charging, so it can be restored from zero charge to 80 per cent in 47 minutes.

I hope this isn’t a sign of the really stupid names manufacturers are going to call EVs!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The biggest will be 83 kWh. But at launch only 62 kWh and 48 kWh will be available for the ID. 3 / Neo.
No information yet, if the el-Born will get the smaller and bigger battery too.

First car to get the 83 kWh battery is likely the Crozz in the second half of 2020.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Some pictures of SEATs version of the VW I.D. 3

New SEAT el-Born concept previews all-electric family car at Geneva

SEAT says the el-Born will have a 62kWh battery - the largest of the predicted range of capacities that will be offered in the ID. So equipped, the el-Born has a range of up to 420km (261 miles) between charges on the tougher WLTP test cycle, SEAT claims. The car has 100kW DC charging, so it can be restored from zero charge to 80 per cent in 47 minutes.

I hope this isn’t a sign of the really stupid names manufacturers are going to call EVs!
The vw id3 has 3 different sizes 74 kWh 58kwh and I think 44kwh. I know that Seat El Born are due to go on sale next year . I have seen different prices £26000 / £28000 . Will it be like a mid suv I have seen the spec the height is about the height of an Arona

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's the VW ID 3 in all but name it's about 68 mms lower than the MG ZS EV which I have ordered. The big question is what is the price. I have had Seats in the past Ibiza never had a problem. I know it's going on sale next year . How long you would have to wait?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Nice look at this from the Frankfurt motor show, I am tempted to cancel my ID 3 pre-order!
What a review
He really likes it!

I like it too, prefer how it looks over the VW but price and spec will be the main factors, and I'll probably be waiting until the rush has died down and buy a used one unless the prices come down.

·
Registered
512 Posts
What a review
He really likes it!

I like it too, prefer how it looks over the VW but price and spec will be the main factors, and I'll probably be waiting until the rush has died down and buy a used one unless the prices come down.
i have to agree there are some better design features on the el-born compared to the ID.3 and the rear wing looks way better than the enclosed version. As you say need the numbers and spec to fully compare. No doubt there will be some reviewers doing just that soon as they can get their hands on them, hopefully back to back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts