Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with leather seats and cold winter mornings now, I use the seat heating routinely. however I sense that the heat is a bit uneven across the 'seat ' area, the lumber heating is ok and a nice feature I did not expect. Specifically the left side is ok, the right remains cool.
This is the case with the seat heating set to minimum. On max think its similar. I imagine the heated area is the same irrespective of the setting, its just the wattage that should change. Anyone else notice this or I am wondering if its a wiring fault.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
with leather seats and cold winter mornings now, I use the seat heating routinely. however I sense that the heat is a bit uneven across the 'seat ' area, the lumber heating is ok and a nice feature I did not expect. Specifically the left side is ok, the right remains cool.
This is the case with the seat heating set to minimum. On max think its similar. I imagine the heated area is the same irrespective of the setting, its just the wattage that should change. Anyone else notice this or I am wondering if its a wiring fault.
As I recall it seems even in mine.
Try sitting in the passenger seat and see if it feels the same to you.

Reactions: prawlin

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love the heated steering wheel but I wish it had more than 1 level. Either off or stick your hand in boiling hot water mode is a ltitle extreme, the Volvo I have has 3 settings like the seats.
Funnily enough I find the opposite. I've never found the steering wheel getting too hot, but for the seats I can't fathom why you'd ever need anything above the lowest setting which I find uncomfortable after only 10-15 minutes. Putting it on 3 makes the seats ridiculously hot.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
Bearing in mind what you said, I tried mine yesterday. Very even heating spread on both buttocks and across lumber zone. Had to turn it off after a while :eek:
I was on MAX setting though. Next time I’ll try minimum setting to see if I still get even cooking of my glutes.
Have you got an infra red thermometer? They can be bought very cheaply. Would be useful to see if it’s the seat that’s faulty or your buttocks that are unbalanced in sensitivity :unsure:

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funnily enough I find the opposite. I've never found the steering wheel getting too hot, but for the seats I can't fathom why you'd ever need anything above the lowest setting which I find uncomfortable after only 10-15 minutes. Putting it on 3 makes the seats ridiculously hot.
they can get hot but I have seat covers on so the higher setting is good for me, at least for a while

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
I’m not a massive fan of heated seats. I simply don’t like the sensation of having a hot derrière. However, I do really like heat on my lumber region (long recurring old back issues). I wish I could disable the bottom heater just retaining the lumber heater. That way I would use it much more often. I wonder if it’s possible by snipping a wire or pulling a plug underneath the seat? Clearly if the elements are wired in series this wouldn’t be possible.

Peter

·
Registered
738 Posts
I’m not a massive fan of heated seats. I simply don’t like tge sensation of having a hot derrière. However, I do really like heat on my lumber region (long recurring old back issues). I wish I could disable the bottom heater just retaining the lumber heater. That way I would use it much more often. I wonder if it’s possible by snipping a wire or pulling a plug underneath the seat? Clearly if the elements are wired in series this wouldn’t be possible.

Peter
I feel like if the car's heating system is good enough, heated seats just aren't necessary. Having them on basically heats your arse a bit faster than the rest of your body. Heated steering wheels make more sense since you need to touch it immediately and it otherwise takes ages to warm up.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
588 Posts
With the heat pump heating 🔥 and the seats and the steering wheel it gets warm very quickly, but seats without heat in the car is lovely

·
Registered
84 Posts
That’s interesting, I have to say I cannot help but feel one day my steering wheel is going to ignite, the heat just feels so uncontrolled, wonder if the heating element is a little off whack, it is not quite hot enough that I cannot hold it but is closed next time I am outside I will take my thermal i aging camera and take a fore and after reading to see what the increase is.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
That’s interesting, I have to say I cannot help but feel one day my steering wheel is going to ignite, the heat just feels so uncontrolled, wonder if the heating element is a little off whack, it is not quite hot enough that I cannot hold it but is closed next time I am outside I will take my thermal i aging camera and take a fore and after reading to see what the increase is.
You know you can turn it off again if it gets too hot!! 😂

Reactions: Ian McVey
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.