Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an isofix baby car seat, which cannot be secured with a seat belt, and I would very much like to be able to use it in the front of my Leaf. I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to retrofit isofix points to a front passenger seat?

2) Are front passenger seats interchangeable between models/makes? I have found a couple of Renault seats with isofix points on eBay - does anyone know whether one of these could be fitted into a Leaf? I don't care if it looks awful by the way - I'd keep the Leaf seat for putting back one day.

I know that the cheapest solution is probably to buy another baby seat but I chose the one we've got with good reason so this is actually a last resort.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Nah, the cheapest solution is to not have the baby :)

Depending on the seat you may find it will also work with a seat belt - there are dual isofix and belt seats out there so worth reading the instructions again to check.

If you tried to swap the seat you would have to redo all the wiring too as the seat contains airbags, weight sensors and all sorts.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Put the baby in the back, its a safer place for baby, and infinitely safer for other road users not to have mothers attention distracted by a baby within reach. With a baby in the back you HAVE to stop, in the front the temptation is to render to its needs whilst attempting to drive.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you want front iso fix and an electric car at an affordable price you'll need to buy a ZOE, getting a different car seat probably would be cheaper.
Also recheck your seat, although I've not by anymeans looked at everything on the market I've not encountered an isofix seat yet which cant also be secured by seat belt
Out of interest, what do you currently have in the rear seat that cannot be put in the front instead?
If you do find a way of getting a seat in the front make damned sure you switch off the passenger air bag!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts