Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been looking into updating navigation software for e2008. Instructions state seatbelt must be worn when loading new map software. Prior to reading that I was already worried about bricking the system, but the seatbelt requirement makes me think failure may be much more catastrophic.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,108 Posts
That's weird. Why can't the car be in park and not allowed out of park? Makes more sense. It's electric so you aren't idling when you update it.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,508 Posts
Could it be to make sure it is not being left unattended? It will have an occupation sensor in the seat and one for the seatbelt so this is maybe a way of ensuring you are in the seat. I do know you can easily bypass this with a heavy backpack but just a thought.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
93 Posts
That's weird. Why can't the car be in park and not allowed out of park? Makes more sense. It's electric so you aren't idling when you update it.
Maybe this was why yours kept failing?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just did map update and had to get out of car when delivery driver turned up. Didn't affect update even though I got out of car and never had seatbelt engaged afterwards . Car did attempt to go into energy saving mode just as update finished though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
My dealer loaded up my USB, started it going at the dealers drove home, got out of the car, not shutting anything down. Car on my drive, about half an hour later all loaded, no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts