Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Second annual service due soon – what updates et cetera should I expect?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark Cornwall 
#1 ·
We've had our Kona since October 2018 and it has had its first annual service at the main dealer, though to be honest I can't recall any major updates at that point.

Would kind fellow forum members care to indicate any important updates/fixes I could or should expect?

I've heard about the BMS software, so I shall ask them about that, but is there anything else of which I should be aware?

I vaguely recall somebody mentioning something to do with coolant circulation a while ago, though I can't remember the details…

#2 ·
There is a "Product enhancement" which involves 4 electronic modules being updated, one of which is the BMS. You will need to make sure they do it properly - see other threads about how to check as you need to look for the automatic battery saver option disappearing from the menu, and then go and try it on a rapid charger of 100kW or more.
Also by default they won't do the sat nav and maps update - you will need to specifically ask them to do this when you book the car in, and remind them on the day. There's a fairly major update to go through so it's worth having.

#6 ·
My dealership refused to do the BMS update, and also screwed up the navigation update. The car went back the following day as the dealership was blessed with having a training tech from Hyundai HQ on site to work on another car.

From handing over the keys to getting them back took an hour and a half to complete all four module updates, and full AVN and maps update - so no excuses.

John

Reactions: MikeS
#7 ·
Maybe. When I took mine in to have it done separately since they'd not done it at the service they had it for nearly 4 hours.
As a big, modern dealership in the middle of Southampton I can't believe they have iffy internet, but I also have no idea how much of that time was spent actually on my car.

From handing over the keys to getting them back took an hour and a half to complete all four module updates, and full AVN and maps update - so no excuses.
That's more like it.
I suspect a lot of the time is spent by relatively inexperienced techs wading through the manual step by step. I imagine the training tech could do it with his/her eyes shut.

#9 ·
They did all 4 updates and the sat nav and maps in 2.5 hrs. However they'd already downloaded the sat nav and maps update a few months before so I didn't quite end up with the latest versions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.