Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 11 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
We're with Admiral multicar. Before calling them to add the LEAF to our policy, I used their site to get a new quotation.

As we're now a 3 car (2 driver) family (trusty Espace is currently parked up for emergency use!) I spent hours on their site looking at permutations of cars / main drivers / NCB / mileage.

At the end of it it looked my premium was going to be about £500 to add the LEAF.

When I made the call made the changes, they added the LEAF for under £170 (and that included change of address and adding a speeding ticket!). I couldn't change the main drivers and NCB around as the policy was already 2 months old.

All in all I was very happy adding the LEAF for such a small increase in premium.

As an aside. if you are with Admiral multicar, their "alterations to an existing policy" call centre struggled to understand that we would be 3 cars and 2 drivers. I ended up calling the New Customer line, explaining what I was trying to do, and then they transferred me to someone who knew what they were doing!

· Registered
101 Posts
Great, thanks guys - I had an online quote from admiral but it was a little steep so will try the phone call approach as MRH seems to have had luck with! Will also try the Allianz approach ...
If you phone fora new quote of an evening the calls often get routed to North America - and they are very helpful.

Hope it all goes well.

1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.