Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You could just sign up to the mail list of tesla-info and put a max 30k price and I'll email you every day when they get listed or price falls into range.
Totally missed that Jon 🙈
May have to change my budget level though as it's quiet on the Western front ha ha

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What are the 'Mechanical and Cosmetic Standards' referred to, but not clickable, on Tesla's pages?

And no "scratched, scuffed and dogshit on the carpets" replies if you don't mind, just wanting a link to the official blurb ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
When you say not clickable.... its clickable

"This Model S has passed a full 70 point mechanical and cosmetic inspection

Mechanical inspections include:
  • Confirmed odometer of less than 100,000 miles
  • No evidence of structural repairs
  • Tires (3.2 mm minimum)
  • Steering and suspension components
  • Powertrain system
  • Brake pads and vehicle braking system
  • Exterior lighting systems
  • Driver controls
  • Safety restraint systems
  • Charging system and equipment functionality"
The cosmetic standards are sadly none other than structural repairs it seems and the lights work

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
381 Posts
The prices are looking more reasonable nowadays. I'm seriously considering a CPO Model S in 8 months when my V90 goes back. Depending on how the Polestar 2 drives and what the prices look like, I might end up in a Tesla after all.

Is the warranty on CPO cars the same as on new ones?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Pretty much.

The warranty length varies though.

4yr/50k miles if under 50k miles, or 2yr/up to 100k total mileage for cars over 50k miles.

·
381 Posts
4yr/50k miles if under 50k miles, or 2yr/up to 100k total mileage for cars over 50k miles.
Is that total mileage? So, for example, if you get a CPO car that's 2 years old and on 20k miles, does the warranty cover a further 30k, or a further 50k?

EDIT: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. It is, of course, 50k from when you take delivery

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
There are stupid question, once you realise it is ok to ask them life is easier...

As you say 50k from delivery, depending if their mileage on the car is below or above 50k you either have 4 or 2 years to cover it respectively.

·
381 Posts
As you say 50k from delivery, depending if their mileage on the car is below or above 50k you either have 4 or 2 years to cover it respectively.
Yes, I worked it out eventually, thank you.

It's strange, there's a lovely 90D on Tesla's website at the moment - grey interior, facelift, great spec. It's 887 miles over 50k, so it's only got a two-year warranty. That would make me nervous on an expensive second hand car.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There are stupid question, once you realise it is ok to ask them life is easier...

The maximum covered is 100k miles on the odometer, so a 78k mile car will have 2yr/22k mile warranty.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Indeed correct, my bad, they never used to have anything over 50k, now looking at them and they have one at 64k and another at 76k.

So if you are going for a CPO the mileage should be ideally around the 50k mark preferably a bit below.

381 - 397 of 397 Posts