Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 38, 2021
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I dropped my 64 Kona off this morning for the BMS recall, I was told there was a new recall issued yesterday (Tuesday) to add some protection to the ‘granny’ cable in case it was dropped.

Might be worth mentioning if you are taking your kona in for the BMS recall.

Fortunately, my ‘granny’ cable was already in the car.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
I think the cover was discussed on the Kia eNiro forum, and a video on YT.

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona, Halfords bike
360 Posts
Is this it?

(email I just received re: Sept 2020 Kona)

As part of our policy for improved quality and reliability we have identified that your Hyundai KONA requires a product enhancement inspection.

Please contact us to make an appointment so we can inspect your vehicle. Any work carried out on your Hyundai relating to this product enhancement will be free of charge.

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I dropped my 64 Kona off this morning for the BMS recall, I was told there was a new recall issued yesterday (Tuesday) to add some protection to the ‘granny’ cable in case it was dropped.

Might be worth mentioning if you are taking your kona in for the BMS recall.

Fortunately, my ‘granny’ cable was already in the car.
Unfortunately didn't read this till after update this morning and our dealer didn't mention it.

·
Registered
EU base model with heat pump Sept '18
554 Posts
The rubber boot recall seems to be UK only from what I can see. You guys must drop stuff a lot :)

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I've had an email from the dealer saying "As part of Hyundai's policy for quality improvement, we have identified that your Hyundai RN19GUW has a number of outstanding recalls"

At the bottom is this line with no explanation "01D076, 01D076, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D036, 5 Services Plan"
01D076 is the BMS safety update which was done a few days ago. I guess the rubber boot is either 005 or 036. What the repeats and "5 Services Plan" are I have little idea* ... my best guess is a cock-up of some kind.

[* Actually maybe I do. My service plan may be for 5 years, so perhaps this is 'leakage' from the database used to generate the email.]

·
Registered
Kona64
1,646 Posts
Should a Product Enhancement (recall) state what part of the product is being enhanced?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Should a Product Enhancement (recall) state what part of the product is being enhanced?
Unfortunately, Hyundai are extremely poor at telling us what is being done. Even when you get the software updates there appears to be no info about what is changed so you have to wait and see if you, or anyone else on the forums/FB notice anything!

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona, Halfords bike
360 Posts
Me : what is the recall for?

Hyundai Dealer: Charging upgrade.You must bring in your home charging cable

Me: Can't I just drop the cable off?

Hyundai Dealer: No because there is also a software upgrade

Me: To the cable? Does that mean it will charge quicker?

Hyundai dealer: I think so.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just had my 01D076 BMS recall - all done in under an hour while I waited. As expected, no issues with the update. The update once again resets cumulative data (CEC, CED, Op Time, etc) so the GoM loses it's way a little. Also note that Auto Recuperation gets turned off by the update, so you'll have to re enable it afterwards.

Service manager also said that there's a new "product Enhancement" showing for the car, but they don't have the part yet. He'll phone me when he gets them. Enhancement consists of a rubber boot to go around the granny charger control box to give it some protection if you drop it!

John.

Reactions: Richard Gledhill

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Screenshot (1).png
That is a screenshot from YT. Kia eNiro got that enhancement a while back.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38, 2021
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the recalls done yesterday. The second ‘recall’ is rather underwhelming!

Just a piece of shaped rubber to stop the box cracking if it’s dropped.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,646 Posts
Reminds me of the rubber sheaths (Vicar) VW gave us for the charger plug car ends to apparently stop them freezing on to the car when drizzle/sleet was followed by a good frost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had an email from the dealer saying "As part of Hyundai's policy for quality improvement, we have identified that your Hyundai RN19GUW has a number of outstanding recalls"

At the bottom is this line with no explanation "01D076, 01D076, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D005, 00D036, 5 Services Plan"
01D076 is the BMS safety update which was done a few days ago. I guess the rubber boot is either 005 or 036. What the repeats and "5 Services Plan" are I have little idea* ... my best guess is a cock-up of some kind.

[* Actually maybe I do. My service plan may be for 5 years, so perhaps this is 'leakage' from the database used to generate the email.]
00D005 is the first BMS update. So the cover has to be 00D036.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts