Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking about, NOBODY seems willing or able to tell us when the IKEA / Ecotricity rapid charger in Milton Keynes will go online. It's been in place and looking ready for a week or so now. I want to play (and charge)!

Come on IKEA/Ecotricity, let us know what's going on!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I believe it may be coordinated with a general IKEA announcement in October - probably stating that all their stores now have rapid charging facilities.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They're obviously waiting for my car to arrive on Wednesday before opening it. If I'm not too busy I may go down for the official opening ceremony and photo's..... I'm joking of course

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're obviously waiting for my car to arrive on Wednesday before opening it. If I'm not too busy I may go down for the official opening ceremony and photo's..... I'm joking of course
So... how did the delivery and big IKEA charge reveal go?

Or your new car delivery at least? :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
IKEA, no calls, no press photographers either... and I bought a new jumper :p

Anyway, the car... WOW! I love it :D:D:D

I've taken to driving at a more leisurely pace lately anyway, but the drive is so smooth and calming. It does make you look at the madness going on around you sometimes with amazement.

The car is even better than I remembered. I only drove the MK1 before deciding to splash out on a Leaf and this is so much more than I remember. Did I mention the acceleration when required?

One thing I don't like is the inability to fold the door mirrors in once the car is switched off - I always forget to to this as it's automatic on my current car.

I had a set of reversing sensors installed at home today from ProPark UK. Very pleased with the Company & Curtis who installed them, would highly recommend them. I know I've got a reversing camera, but I've been so used to the bleeping sound.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totally agree on the mirrors, I try to fold them in whenever I park just to get into the habit... still forget almost half the time!

Glad you're liking the car so far, relaxing is the word, easy... anything else seems quite daft to me already!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The noise didn't seem too bad compared with some videos of older units I've seen. I was trying to find out the cause of a whistling noise I had tonight, I thought it might be charge related - it wasn't and my car is very sick now.

I have to drop it into Nissan tomorrow as I can't turn it off or do anything with it - and a couple of errors on the dash telling me to take it to a dealer :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh dear. :(

Do let us know what they find out, hope it's not too serious.
I've been without the car for a week and have just found out I've got another week to wait for parts to arrive.

Hopefully nothing too serious in the end, apparently I have a slight factory mis-build issue. The windscreen has not bonded correctly and is allowing water ingress which is then dripping on a wiring loom causing a short.

Windscreen has been fixed, but the replacement wiring loom is not available from UK stock, so must be imported.

Not long to go & I'll be back. It's amazing how much I miss the Leaf having only driven it for 2 weeks. I was driving home from work one evening just before the last fault, and commented to my wife (on the phone) how relaxed and calm I felt. So different to how I'm feeling now with the petrol courtesy car... horrible!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is such a different way to drive, so relaxed and quiet.

Sorry to hear about the delay in your repair, I remember from my MINI2 days that a very similar water ingress issue affected several MINIs, water and 'lectrics just don't mix well!

·
Registered
14 Posts
We used the Ikea MK charger yesterday. It was our first fast charge as I only got the ecotricity card that morning. Initial thoughts are that the RFID reader took ages to read the card, the user interface on the charger isn't great and the DC connector needs a lot of practice in getting it in and out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts