Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 3! A blue Leaf in Coton Hill, Shrewsbury yesterday. A white doppelganger for mine on my very own circular road in Brookside, Telford this morning. Then this evening only went and accidentally parked next to this grey one in the car park of Lawley Morrisons, Telford.

May be just luck or signs of increasing numbers. Made me smile either way :)

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife was speaking to our local Nissan dealer yesterday and he commented that interest of the Leaf is gaining traction. I suspect current owners that are passionate about their Leafs are helping spread the good word of electric transport. We're constantly being asked what they'e like to live with and often spend a great deal of time sharing our knowledge.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife was speaking to our local Nissan dealer yesterday and he commented that interest of the Leaf is gaining traction. I suspect current owners that are passionate about their Leafs are helping spread the good word of electric transport. We're constantly being asked what they'e like to live with and often spend a great deal of time sharing our knowledge.
Absolutely! Is Nissan's secret weapon, an unpaid, passionate, educated sales force!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The most affective form of advertising is word of mouth. With any electric car it is quite simply a snow ball affect, 1 person tells his friends how much he loves the car and how much money he is saving and they then have a sudden interest. The more people we as can get sat in the car and doing an extended test drives the better, the car will simply sell it's self, we just have to give the facts and figures and show them how to get the most out of the car.

I totally agree with Steve, I can't believe how many more Leafs I see on Shropshire roads. I just hope we can get somewhere with improving the local charging infrastructure for all the electric car drivers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just hope we can get somewhere with improving the local charging infrastructure for all the electric car drivers.
Couldn't agree more. Charging infrastructure needs to made more reliable. I've also never seen the logic to having 2 EV parking bays with only one charge point, especially on the slow chargers.

Reactions: John2

·
Registered
152 Posts
What's the infrastructure like in Shropshire? I'm just about to get my Leaf and I travel to Ludlow and Carding Mill a few times a year & it'd be nice to have the safety of a reliable charge, with a backup plan if needed.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the infrastructure like in Shropshire? I'm just about to get my Leaf and I travel to Ludlow and Carding Mill a few times a year & it'd be nice to have the safety of a reliable charge, with a backup plan if needed.
For Carding Mill Valley you have the points in Church Stretton in walking distance. Two marked spaces in the coop car park, 32 amp 6 kw type 2. Accept plug in mudlands card for sure. ..others as well but not certain....think polar because the post itself is Chargemaster. Worked every time
for me. Occasionally iced and spaces by themselves so you can't park next to them. Increasingly popular too with ev's due to location. There is an alternative near at the Burway garage....only available mon to fri office hours. But zero carbon world so no card needed.

The voluntary group Stretton Climate Care did a lot of work to make these posts happen. Not sure they use forums so go to their web page and say thanks if you use!

Ludlow....nada.. yet....much needed. Leominster, kington have chargers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Steve, that was me at Morrisons. I was at a Parish council meeting around the corner.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have emailed Ludlow 21 , an environmental group, to see if they can help get public charging there. Suggested zero carbon world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts