Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
3,835 Posts
Charge and drive the car! I know it sounds stupid, but just charge and drive. The golf has sufficient buffer both at the top and at the bottom, so don't worry too much.

Something to consider is getting an extended VW warranty, if your car is out of manufacturers warranty. They are complex cars and if something breaks, it is usually expensive. Also, check if you car has had a battery recall, there were some cars that needed to have their traction battery opened and checked for leaks. In case of problems, VW changed some batteries, brand new if I'm not mistaken.

· Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
3,835 Posts
Not that stupid - I thought that was how it works.
I’ll check out the warranties, but it’s not that old yet//
It’s on a lease, so I’m not too worried about degradation, but would still rather not trash it for the sake of being a little more careful..
Thank you. 👍🏻
I loved the car when I had it. For 4 years, charged it almost every night during the winters, as it could not do my commute in the cold. I could almost do 3 days on one charge in the hot of summer. The best I had was almost 1200miles on a tank, with people on here reporting upwards of 2000miles. No point in mentioning MPG.... :giggle: :giggle:

So, as I said: charge and drive. And don't forget: GTE stands for "Get There Early".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.