Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, first time poster seeking some advice about the cost of a leaf. My household has 2 ice cars but we now have solar panels so I'm looking to replace the smaller one with a leaf. I've settled on 30kwh because its simply better than the 24 but 40 is too pricey. I'm looking to spend no more than 12k, less ideally.
I've done some research but I certainly won't profess to be any kind of expert so I'm just seeking some advice about the valuation of a couple of cars I've found fairly local to me in the North West, wondering what you think of them for the price, if you dont mind.

66 plate Acenta, 31k miles, £11.7k
Not many pictures but seems a reasonable amount of miles for the age. I'd want to see 12 bars on the dash before I went any further

17 plate Acenta, 35k miles, £12k
Again no photos yet but slightly newer than above for a couple more miles

17 plate Tekna, 48k miles, £11.7k
Better trim but a lot more miles than both Acentas. Might not be too far from losing its first bar? Is the extra trim worth it?
EDIT: received a photo from the dealer, it's already lost a bar which puts me off this car. Seems a bit early in it's life to be losing bars.

So there's a few examples of what's available. Assuming good condition and 12 bars of battery on them all, what are your thoughts? Which would you choose and why, or would you choose none of them (in which case, why). Do they seem fair prices or would you want some money off?
To me, they seem fairly priced based on other cars ive seen, I'm not sure how I could argue a discount.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m not 100% sure what the relative spec of the 30s are. I swapped a mk1 Asenta for a Tekna, when someone wrote off my first leaf, the extras with the Tekna included heated seats and steering wheel. Sounds silly but before I had them I thought them pretty irrelevant but I wouldn’t buy an electric car without them now! For short journeys in winter they are such a boon - we never bother with the cabin heating. The all round parking cameras are nice too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Are you dead set on a Leaf? Kia Soul is within that budget and might be a better bet depending on your preferences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts