Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the prices of the new Enyaq - and they look good value!

Whilst the 80's are all over the £35k threshold - the 60's aren't and actually one is £35370 so I imagine that will be re-aligned to £34995

Whilst it will be a lot slower than a Niro (134KW motor not 201KW) it's an excellent spec for the money and should be eligible for the grant.

Not much cheaper than an ID3 - but definately cheaper than an ID4 which is it's nearer rival.

On the Skoda website now.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just tried to spec one - and you can get a nice one for about £34000 - however that doesn't make it clear whether it's including the grant or not.

Also there are a lot of options that need you to add a second option as well - electric seat for example needed another £600 option added as well to have it?

Anyhow - looks good value, and something I'd definately consider now the Niro 4+ is over £35k and no grant.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’ve been playing about with their configurator this morning. In contrast to the ID.3 which has many trims and few options, the Enyaq has few trims but a bewildering array of (expensive) options. I’m struggling to find a brochure type page that shows what equipment comes as standard with each trim.

Their range has been nicely split with the withdrawal of the govt grant so that the £35,000+ cars have effectively become £2,500 more expensive. I was looking at the 80 versions for the added range and they are about £8,000 more expensive than the equivalent 60 model if it still gets the grant. I couldn’t justify that much more just for the added range and I’m sure a lot of people will think the same.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’ve been playing about with their configurator this morning. In contrast to the ID.3 which has many trims and few options, the Enyaq has few trims but a bewildering array of (expensive) options. I’m struggling to find a brochure type page that shows what equipment comes as standard with each trim.

Their range has been nicely split with the withdrawal of the govt grant so that the £35,000+ cars have effectively become £2,500 more expensive. I was looking at the 80 versions for the added range and they are about £8,000 more expensive than the equivalent 60 model if it still gets the grant. I couldn’t justify that much more just for the added range and I’m sure a lot of people will think the same.
I them a slight disservice, the difference is “only” £7400.

60 Loft = £31585 after the grant
80 Loft = £38950 with no grant

I can’t see them selling many of the 80s based on that. It’s impossible to justify as a customer.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will still sell - it's one of the cheapest 70+ KWh battery cars out there - although I have to say for 77KWh - range doesn't seem that high (336)

So 336 / 77 = 4.3m/KWh.

This sounds ok... but VW haven't been good so far at hitting their claims - so if it's really more like 300 - then that's a lot more money for something with 20m more range than the Niro?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It will still sell - it's one of the cheapest 70+ KWh battery cars out there - although I have to say for 77KWh - range doesn't seem that high (336)

So 336 / 77 = 4.3m/KWh.

This sounds ok... but VW haven't been good so far at hitting their claims - so if it's really more like 300 - then that's a lot more money for something with 20m more range than the Niro?
Maybe when looked at against other marques but I think it will lose sales to itself. Let’s be honest, the 80 is buying you more convenience (fewer charges with more of those at home probably). That’s a big premium to pay for that convenience.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And certainly if you fall into the normal "Regular commute 20m plus occasional long trips" model the extra range is immaterial 90% of the time.....

I love the convenience of the 280m range of the Soul - but if they did a 240m one, for £7k less I might have gone with that one!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the El Born full ev or PHEV? - It does look a pretty car - I quite like the Seat's - sadly the Cupras are just too hard a ride for me.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had another look - it's better looking than an ID3 but still got the drab interior - maybe look better in the flesh.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
208 Posts
But in better time when we can go out for a day trip once more visiting somewhere 100-120 miles away which I would consider a reasonable distance for a day out I wouldn't want to have to be looking for a charge on the way home, so personally a range of 240 - 250 would be a minimum

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes - I think you'll be fine in good weather. To be fair if you are going for a day out - I'd be amazed if you didn't stop somewhere for a little so you can usually plug in for 20 - 30 mins.

I am always finding places to plug in - Tesco's, car parks all sorts, half an hour at 7.2KW can add 12-15 miles - which can add a bit of comfort range. 20 mins on a Rapid will add a good 20KW which will add 80m

I have 280m range - and never had any concerns.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
232 Posts
Is the El Born full ev or PHEV? - It does look a pretty car - I quite like the Seat's - sadly the Cupras are just too hard a ride for me.
It is a BEV, although a LHD petrol will be available later on in Europe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m struggling to find a brochure type page that shows what equipment comes as standard with each trim.
I think the best bet (at least until there's a PDF brochure) is to follow the "More Info (i)" buttons against each model on the "Pick a version" page:

Pick a version

That just shows standard equipment, not options.

It looks to me as though the 80 gets a few extras over the 60 Nav, but I think there are options to add them all in.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Are you sure that a Seat will have normal suspension? Even the Alhambra was only available with sports suspension (on a people carrier?). I assume that means they just take the springs out and bolt a solid bar in instead.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you sure that a Seat will have normal suspension? Even the Alhambra was only available with sports suspension (on a people carrier?). I assume that means they just take the springs out and bolt a solid bar in instead.
Yup pretty much.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
232 Posts
How is this possible? The Born is an ID3 in Cupra clothes so has been designed ground up as a BEV.
I can only apologise for skipping a line on the Eurekar website, it was referring to the Formentor SUV not the Born.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts