Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Leafs and the 30kwh I test drove was showing 11 bars and 76% SOH... on the 2nd drive it had gone to 12 bars and 88.52% SOH. The car had been updated to 4C from 4A. On the Nissan battery health check it started the car had been kept at a high state of charge. I'm wondering, if I bought and used it, would it likely increase slightly with use and a few rapids... I really don't want to buy a car that's going to drop a bar after a couple of thousands miles. The GOM was displaying 124 miles on 99% (eco) and after doing 15 stopped down by 15 miles, so seemed fairly genuine.

Anyone with any experience of advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,435 Posts
I've been looking at Leafs and the 30kwh I test drove was showing 11 bars and 76% SOH... on the 2nd drive it had gone to 12 bars and 88.52% SOH. The car had been updated to 4C from 4A. On the Nissan battery health check it started the car had been kept at a high state of charge. I'm wondering, if I bought and used it, would it likely increase slightly with use and a few rapids... I really don't want to buy a car that's going to drop a bar after a couple of thousands miles. The GOM was displaying 124 miles on 99% (eco) and after doing 15 stopped down by 15 miles, so seemed fairly genuine.

Anyone with any experience of advice would be appreciated.
Loss of capacity tends to be permanent.

A few raids will push it up slightly but it will revert with normal usage.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loss of capacity tends to be permanent.

A few raids will push it up slightly but it will revert with normal usage.

And as it seems most 30kwh cars have dropped around 10% in 4 years, the health did seem around average.. is there any evidence that the health will continue to fall at this rate or likely to stabilise and slow a little..? (That's what the general consensus is with EV battery, a faster initial drop that then tapers... Leaf any different?).

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,435 Posts
And as it seems most 30kwh cars have dropped around 10% in 4 years, the health did seem around average.. is there any evidence that the health will continue to fall at this rate or likely to stabilise and slow a little..? (That's what the general consensus is with EV battery, a faster initial drop that then tapers... Leaf any different?).
It will continue to fall at what rate remains to be seen.

You might find this helpful

This is worst case scenario based on warranty

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will continue to fall at what rate remains to be seen.

You might find this helpful

This is worst case scenario based on warranty

Problem is, this is based on old data before the BMS update... Sure it would be fine, I'd be getting it on a PCP so there's be less worries about the future battery health.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
My 30 runs the later 6A firmware, its a 2017 model with about 53k on it, but SOH varies wildly, ive seen it as low as 85 and as high as 92 over 6 months. I dont think theres much point getting super concerned about it, it is what it is. A LEAF30 battery of this age will hold around 25kwh of usable energy. The reality is even if it loses 10% of that, your only taking maybe 7-8 miles off the usable range.

If your use case will have you running it right down to 5-10% regularly, then its probably not the car for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts