Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can fully recommend the EGO Plus 56V lawnmower range. Just tacked my 12" high overgrown lawn,. Munched it. The old petrol mower would have given on the first line, so thats my last pull cord馃榿

Registered
Can fully recommend the EGO Plus 56V lawnmower range. Just tacked my 12" high overgrown lawn,. Munched it. The old petrol mower would have given on the first line, so thats my last pull cord馃榿
My mower has FSD, can't go back to manual mowing now!

Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
I've had an 80v Mountfield for over 4 years. Works like new.

Registered
While we are talking electric mowers. I've had awful luck with Bosch battery ones, don't recommend them at all!

Registered
Ioniq 38, 2021
While we are talking electric mowers. I've had awful luck with Bosch battery ones, don't recommend them at all!
Can you outline the problems? I鈥檝e got a 36v Bosch mower, the fast charger and a couple of batteries that I can also use on a Bosch 36v leaf blower & 36v hedge trimmer鈥.. it鈥檚 all been good, but I鈥檝e only had them 2 years.

Registered
This thread has popped up at a good time for me, I鈥檓 considering a battery mower! Have looked at Bosch, so would also be interested in the issues. Husqvarna also look nice, but a bit more pricey.

Registered
This thread has popped up at a good time for me, I鈥檓 considering a battery mower! Have looked at Bosch, so would also be interested in the issues. Husqvarna also look nice, but a bit more pricey.
i bought a dirt cheap 18v mower from homebase, a push along flimsy looking thing, just under 拢100... to give it a trial before i got a beefier more upmarket model.. coming up to 4 flippin years now.. it just wont break ?? and im itching to get one of those self driving, return to base ones..

Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE 2018 Black
I read the title of this thread and imagined a flying lawn mower! :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went for the EGO because their battery design lightyears ahead of Stihl, Husky, Markits etc. Forced air cooled for Rapid Charging, fully potted electronics. I will use same batteries for Chainsaw and eBike.

Registered
2021 Citro毛n 毛-C4 Shine Plus
I will go 3 inches better than you鈥 馃榿 15鈥 tackled 2 days ago.

Very much the same outcome - EGO munched it no problem at all.
Likewise, my previous Qualcast petrol would鈥檝e been stalling every third push

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will go 3 inches better than you鈥 馃榿 15鈥 tackled 2 days ago.

Very much the same outcome - EGO munched it no problem at all.
Likewise, my previous Qualcast petrol would鈥檝e been stalling every third push
Yeah, I should have let it grow for another month to give the mower a proper workout.

Registered
We only have a small area of proper lawn and bought a small Makita 36V mower a few years ago, mainly because I already had a lot of 18V Makita batteries for power tools I'd bought when building the house. It works very well on a smaller lawn, although it isn't self-propelled. It's running on batteries that got hammered for a couple of years and that have been used in the mower for 4 years now, yet still seems to be as good as it was when we bought it. In general, I've been impressed by the Makita 18V tool range, they seem pretty tough and reliable, particularly the battery packs.

Main issue with the latter is the daft design of the BMS that can let one cell group get too low if a battery is left unused for a long time, and the pack then gets bricked by the charger if after the third charge attempt. Luckily you can buy better BMS modules cheaply on ebay and they are easy to replace. These then bring old pack back to life, although it's best to charge the low cell group on it's own before reassembling the pack, so they start off back in balance..

Registered
iD.3 Family, Stonewashed Blue, Heatpump, Ankoya Alloys.
=Are there any battery mowers with rollers at the rear rather than wheels? I would replace my Atco Liner petrol mower with one but can't seem to see any on the market. Weight is the killer I suppose.

Registered
there is an Atco Liner out there... Atco Battery + roller amongst others so they do exist, google is your friend ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
=Are there any battery mowers with rollers at the rear rather than wheels? I would replace my Atco Liner petrol mower with one but can't seem to see any on the market. Weight is the killer I suppose.
The EGO mower I purchased has an optional roller accessory.

Registered
Take a look at Stihl also, brilliant battery stuff, we have the strimmer and blower and never had a mains strimmer so powerful!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts