Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 2018 kona updated :) No issues, just worked. New icons and estimated range on map seems to have been fixed ( will fully test on long journey this weekend ).
I did notice that the nearest charger to my house is finally showing as the correct location ! yea ! ( a while back I did do a chunk of location fix submissions to here and tom-tom ... I wonder if they've been accepted )

·
Registered
217 Posts
Here is a video explaining the process step by step.
It's a little older and the software may look a little different now. Also in this video it's an SD Card update, but USB stick is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2018 kona updated :) No issues, just worked. New icons and estimated range on map seems to have been fixed ( will fully test on long journey this weekend ).

I didn't spot "fancy" features like sports scores, I guess thats just the newer screens.

Shame Hyundai didn't release this site 3 years ago ....
Hi, Plord did you use the sd card that was already in the car and just overwrite it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks @stageshoot and all the guys on the ioniq forum that sorted this for us. Just done mine and all seems fine except the Nav isn't appearing from within the menus. I've powered the car down and will leave it for an hour to fully reset.
All good now regarding the satnav.
I can't get the sports results to work though.
It tells me that I need to enable it in the Blue link app. How?
Plant Vehicle Automotive design Satellite radio Audio equipment

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can use existing card form the car. I asked the same question earlier and @mikeselectricstuff helped with that. So Ive done the update today and it works without issues - you dont need to buy a spare card. The card will be automatically formatted by Hyundai app.
Easy peasy ;)

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh
196 Posts
I also just did my Ioniq 28 using the existing card.
Copied everything off just in case and then deleted the files and copied over the new downloaded ones.
As soon as I put the card in a message popped up asking if I wanted to upgrade. Took about 10 minutes and rebooted 4 times during the process.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
All good now regarding the satnav.
I can't get the sports results to work though.
It tells me that I need to enable it in the Blue link app. How? View attachment 152625
Its not in the app its in Infotainment settings

Go To Settings

Gadget Audio equipment Multimedia Vehicle audio Electronic device

Theme / Layout

Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Font Electronic device

Then Split Screen

Home appliance Gadget Audio equipment Font Electronic device

From there you can turn on Sports and turn off useless stuff Like Tokyo Olympics

Audio equipment Gadget Font Media player Electronic instrument

You can use also slide them around in this menu to set the order they appear on the side 1/3 screen so you get the order you prefer

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My MacBook air won't open the installer saying Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Has anyone else had this and got around it?
I think it was shift or command and right click. Then select open in the drop down Not sure which but it opened after that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its not in the app its in Infotainment settings

Go To Settings

View attachment 152658

Theme / Layout

View attachment 152659

Then Split Screen

View attachment 152660

From there you can turn on Sports and turn off useless stuff Like Tokyo Olympics

View attachment 152661

You can use also slide them around in this menu to set the order they appear on the side 1/3 screen so you get the order you prefer
Thanks @stageshoot. Managed to get it working once I had agreed to the Blue link T&Cs when it prompted me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My MacBook air won't open the installer saying Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Has anyone else had this and got around it?
That is because apple do not recognise the download site - IOS is just ultra careful. Simply right click on the file and choose open. It will then prompt you to choose to open the ‘risky’ file or not. I downloaded it on to my iMac with not problem after those steps.

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 64KW SE Premium
10 Posts
I'm hoping the wise folk on this site can assist me as my dealer is baffled.
The salesman who sold me the car in August 2020 told me the maps updated themselves via an onboard SIM card. It would appear this was rubbish. I asked the service department if they could update the maps whilst I wait (my wife has dementia so I can't leave her). they agreed and it went ahead a couple of weeks ago. And this where my question begins; I liked the previous three screen layout Map / Radio /Battery etc but cannot find any way of duplicating this in the new system. All I can get is a constantly dark screen as below. any guidance deeply appreciated.
Gadget Font Electronic device Audio receiver Audio equipment

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm hoping the wise folk on this site can assist me as my dealer is baffled.
The salesman who sold me the car in August 2020 told me the maps updated themselves via an onboard SIM card. It would appear this was rubbish. I asked the service department if they could update the maps whilst I wait (my wife has dementia so I can't leave her). they agreed and it went ahead a couple of weeks ago. And this where my question begins; I liked the previous three screen layout Map / Radio /Battery etc but cannot find any way of duplicating this in the new system. All I can get is a constantly dark screen as below. any guidance deeply appreciated. View attachment 152889
Not wise but believe that the Three Screen layout may no longer be possible with latest Update.

Does the below help with the Dark Screen problem?

[New] Navigation Map "Black" Theme Added
▷ The "Black" theme has been added so that the dark theme can be used for the Map during both daytime and nighttime
- Set the theme by going to [Settings] > [Navigation Settings] > [Map Screen] > [Map Color]

external_image

21 - 40 of 59 Posts