Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Exactly the same problem here for the past couple of days.
Anoyingly they've only pulled the Standard Gen5W version - lots of reports about ISLW not working correctly on vehicles with a front facing camera, but this affects the 8" and compact units as well.

For instance:-

And all hell has broken out over on the KIA forums (same navigation software)

EDIT: And this from further on in the KIA thread:-

So I've decided to hold off updating.

John

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
One of the bugs in the earlier software version that I had installed was the calendar link wasn't working correctly. The car could tell me which calendars were linked but it would never display any events from any of the calendars.

I checked today and I'm pleased to see that not only does the linked calendar now work, Hyundai have still managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

World Sky Plant Land lot Building

Yes, I'm going to the theatre.

Font Display device Gadget Electronic device Multimedia

I can see an upcoming calendar event though not quite as pretty as it appears on my phone. It correctly shows me the time of the event, the location, and even the start of the description (though there doesn't seem to be any way to read the rest of the description). So far so good. It even looks like I can navigate to the location...
Gadget Font Multimedia Display device Technology

Sadly the navigation searches on the location title and ignores the helpful and correct address that it displayed moments earlier. In this case it has found the correct theatre just unfortunately the wrong side and while the address in the calendar event is about 100m from a car park the address here is the other side and not easily reachable. I can only imagine what would happen if it was a more generic location name.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question to you all, did you select the 2019-2020 model or 2020 model and then clicked OK. My current model and SW version are not in the list, but I also don't seem to be seeing anything different when clicking a SW version in the list. Seems you can only select 2019-2020 model or 2020 model or any other and then proceed.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Question to you all, did you select the 2019-2020 model or 2020 model and then clicked OK. My current model and SW version are not in the list, but I also don't seem to be seeing anything different when clicking a SW version in the list. Seems you can only select 2019-2020 model or 2020 model or any other and then proceed.
2020 model is the facelift version I think. I selected 2019-2020 model for my July 2020 Kona and it worked fine. I based that on the assumption that what we know of as the 2020 model was probably shipped in 2019 in Korea.

The firmware for 2020 and 2021 is all the same anyway, I think it's just the name of the .ver file that contains the manifest that differs. So long as you pick something with the Gen5W screen it will probably work.

Anyway the new version is dated 17th November. Maps seem unchanged but the rest of the files have changed. Pity there are no release notes other than the ones they gave us a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
336 Posts
New icons and estimated range on map seems to have been fixed ( will fully test on long journey this weekend ).
Maybe only partially fixed.

The progress bar at the side of the map looks about right when starting off, but after 150 miles or so shrinks and differs to the actual achievable range and the range by the spedo.

Eg might be 50 miles to destination, estimated range shows 100 miles ( so will easily make it ) yet the blue progress line shows too short.

No actual alarm though.

·
Registered
Kona 64KW SE Premium
10 Posts
Not wise but believe that the Three Screen layout may no longer be possible with latest Update.

Does the below help with the Dark Screen problem?

[New] Navigation Map "Black" Theme Added
▷ The "Black" theme has been added so that the dark theme can be used for the Map during both daytime and nighttime
- Set the theme by going to [Settings] > [Navigation Settings] > [Map Screen] > [Map Color]

external_image
Thank you for this but i didn't get the black screen option, only the other three. These only seem to affect the map when map is selected.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I'm hoping the wise folk on this site can assist me as my dealer is baffled.
The salesman who sold me the car in August 2020 told me the maps updated themselves via an onboard SIM card. It would appear this was rubbish. I asked the service department if they could update the maps whilst I wait (my wife has dementia so I can't leave her). they agreed and it went ahead a couple of weeks ago. And this where my question begins; I liked the previous three screen layout Map / Radio /Battery etc but cannot find any way of duplicating this in the new system. All I can get is a constantly dark screen as below. any guidance deeply appreciated. View attachment 152889
Yes, that is the new layout. They dropped the three-panel home layout earlier this year. Now you get that mostly dark screen as default until you either swipe right to left which gets you to the icon screen or press one of the buttons under the screen. As you noted the map colour doesn't affect the initial screen which is always dark. Two panels is the best you'll get now split 2:1.

Just hit 'map' (and if it pops up asking for a destination check the box to say you don't want that to happen). One extra button press after you get past the annoying 'Confirm' that takes an age to appear.

On the plus side if you like to use Android Auto or Apple Carplay you now get the split screen so you can display battery status or another car panel to the right of the phone app. (That may be turned off, if you only have a fixed panel on the right third of the screen when using Auto/Carplay use the search function to search for 'Split' while the phone is not connected and turn on split screen).

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Thank you for this but i didn't get the black screen option, only the other three. These only seem to affect the map when map is selected.
The fourth dark map option is new with the latest version of the software dated 10th November or 17th November 2021. If you want it you can now apply the update yourself from update.hyundai.com (24GB download, 32GB or 64GB USB stick needed for the widescreen cars) or ask the dealer for it.

But that's only the map screen, it doesn't affect the initial home screen.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I had the same issue and resolved as you found BUT the range on the entertainment is now in KM. Doin amy sat nav tells me in KM. Ive sat in car lookimg where to change and cant find anyting.
Go to the settings and use the search function to search for "units". That should take you to where you can change from km to miles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to the settings and use the search function to search for "units". That should take you to where you can change from km to miles.
I struggled with the KM/Miles on mine, it was all ticked for Miles but still showed KM. The way that worked for me was to change it from miles to km, exit that screen, go back in, change it back from km to miles and then it stayed in miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the downloaded files can just be copied over to the USB stick manually for the update to work, or do you have to use the updater app ?

After over 6 hours, the files finally downloaded to my laptop on my speedy.... internet connection through the updater app, but when it came to copying the files to the USB stick in the app, it wouldn't recognise any USB sticks attached (through the app), and ended up back at the home screen where the only option appears to be to go through the download option again to get to the copy to USB stick option, and I can already see the files on the laptop hard drive.

Many thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the downloaded files can just be copied over to the USB stick manually for the update to work, or do you have to use the updater app ?

After over 6 hours, the files finally downloaded to my laptop on my speedy.... internet connection through the updater app, but when it came to copying the files to the USB stick in the app, it wouldn't recognise any USB sticks attached (through the app), and ended up back at the home screen where the only option appears to be to go through the download option again to get to the copy to USB stick option, and I can already see the files on the laptop hard drive.

Many thanks
Yes you can drag and drop onto to USB stick. Just make sure that when the files downloaded they weren't put into a single folder. If they did, open that folder, select all, and copy them onto the usb. The car needs the Appupgrade file and 2 others on the root drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes you can drag and drop onto to USB stick. Just make sure that when the files downloaded they weren't put into a single folder. If they did, open that folder, select all, and copy them onto the usb. The car needs the Appupgrade file and 2 others on the root drive.
Many thanks @Gadget Geek . Looks like they were downloaded to a folder called \2019_20_Kona_Electric_EU , so will ensure the following are on the root of the USB stick as per below;
Font Rectangle Circle Magenta Number

·
Registered
5,652 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The update in the car was actually easier than described.... Plug USB stick in, turn on engine/motor, and car automatically detected the update software was on the USB stick and proceeded to validate the data on the stick and installed it. Took a little time (about 1.5 hours in total), but finished and working under the new software now. No need to select any update options on the menu...

41 - 59 of 59 Posts