Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to ask if anybody else is experiencing problems trying to sell a car to enable them to take on a PCH. My original plan was to sell my car (a Niro PHEV) early in its PCP cycle and use some equity from that to help pay the initial rental of the PCH for the e-Niro I was arranging via a leasing company.

Well that was the plan ! What iam finding is either dealers are not adding stock now due lockdown hit on used cars or are only offering very low amounts (last offer was less than the settlement figure) i sense because they feel either they are taking on a risk or they sense an opportunity to make some good money ( as if they would..)

Have also tried the likes of WBAC but their offer is poor as well. Not going to try and sell privately as just too much hassle.

Fortunately not yet committed to the PCH so can pull out and start again later in the year but will need to make that decision soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I part exchanged my old VW in October last year without fuss. It probably helped that it was 8 years old and the dealer had little interest in selling it on the forecourt - it almost certainly went straight to auction for a quick turnaround. It was SORNed on the day I sold it, and retaxed and MOTed the following week, so I assume that they got the quick turnaround that they wanted. The dealer gave me about 30% more than WBAC offered, and about 20% more than the VW website (Part Exchange Your Car | Volkswagen UK) suggested that I'd get, so I was quite happy with what I got.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I part-exed my Kia e-Niro (First Edition) in exchange for a new e-Niro in December for a very good price (ordered in July and part-ex price agreed then). It was low mileage though, 8k miles in 19 months (thanks to lockdown).

·
Premium Member
11,588 Posts
Do try some of the independents to see if they are buying.
I sold My Zoe to them last year (at a fair price) so can recommend www.drive-green.co.uk
Jonathan at https://eco-cars.net/ may also know someone looking - I don't think he buys for stock.

Reactions: Sausalito
1 - 4 of 4 Posts